RE: [TexasCzechs] Valla, Marek, Koller,Till, Stahl, Rollins,

  • tillrenee@exchange.uams.edu
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 2, 2000
      Gary,
      Thank you for the info on Frances's parents and siblings. As for my
      Till's, I'm not sure where they came from yet. I found a tree or part of one
      at least on WorldConnect that had from me and my current living relatives
      back to George Till who was probably born in the early 1700s? I'm under the
      impression that most of these from my gr. gandfather or gr. gr. grandfather
      back lived or at least were born overseas, I'm thinking either in Czech or
      Austria. Anyway, I was curious if you possibly had a Joe A. Rabel b.1875 or
      an Edward Rabel b.1887 somewhere in your family. I've come across these
      names while searching the Tills.

      Renee'
    • Gary & Marie
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2000
        Hello Renee

        I have allot of info on these guys. Joe A. Rabel is one of mine. He was
        married to Anna Till daughter of Joseph Till and Theresa Melcher. These are
        some of the Tills I was telling you about. We met and spent the day with
        Rudolph Melcher of this family when we were in the Czech. Rep. last month.
        Are these Tills yours?

        Gary Rabel
        Dallas, Texas.

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 3, 2000
          Gary,
          Yes, these are very much my Tills. Anna's brother Rudolph was my
          great grandfather, his son Leo Emil was my grandpa. I used to see Leo at
          most Christmases, and I know my parents took me to Rulolph in San Marcos
          once when i was a baby. I have a few pictures.
          I would appreciate any info you have.