Re: [TexasCzechs] Valla, Marek, Koller,Till, Stahl, Rollins,

  • Gary & Marie
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 1, 2000
      Hi

          I do not know if we are linked. I have not been able to establish a connection between my Anna Valla to Martin. Anna Valla was my g-grandmother. Married to John Rabel. Her father was Pavel I only have eight children listed. I understand that there were maybe sixteen children? Pavel's father was a Joseph born 1810. Pavel was buried in Dubina. Someone has taken the head stone though. I have a picture. I have more on the Marek's if you need any. I could use some more on the Holys.

      Gary Rabel

      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 2, 2000

        Gary,

        I hope you don’t mind my asking but, in regards to Dubina, where was Pavel buried there?  I have noticed that in the very back next to the fence in the oldest part of the cemetery there is a lot of open area.  I have been wondering if something happened to the tombstones.  I didn’t think they would have left that much open area in the cemetery.  If there are a bunch of unmarked graves, do you have any idea who would know the names of the people buried there?  Any information would be appreciated.

        Thank you,

        Melinda Sims

        Svetlik, Peter, Otto, Benes

           Wednesday, November 01, 2000 11:55:33 PM
        To:
            texasczechs@egroups.com
                Re: [TexasCzechs] Valla, Marek, Koller,Till, Stahl, Rollins,
        Auto forwarded by a Rule

        Hi

            I do not know if we are linked. I have not been able to establish a connection between my Anna Valla to Martin. Anna Valla was my g-grandmother. Married to John Rabel. Her father was Pavel I only have eight children listed. I understand that there were maybe sixteen children? Pavel's father was a Joseph born 1810. Pavel was buried in Dubina. Someone has taken the head stone though. I have a picture. I have more on the Marek's if you need any. I could use some more on the Holys.

        Gary Rabel

        > No doubt some of you have read the letter of mine Darlene was kind
        > enough to post. I thank her for that and those that have given me
        > information as a result of it. I am still looking for any additional
        > information on Frances Marek and her family, including that of her
        > parents John Marek and Anna Vojtek. Also, I am trying to find more
        > info on Martin Valla, whom Frances married, and Martin's family and
        > parents, Martin and Anna Mikel Valla.
        > Also I am looking for information on the name Koller. Frances's
        > daugther Christina, my gr grandmother, married a George Antone
        > Koller. His siblings included Louie, Anton, Henry(who married
        > Christina's older sister Teresa),Frank, Mary, and Rosie. I dont know
        > their parents names, but I do know that Christina and George moved to
        > Weimar shortly before or after 1927, when my grandpa was born. I know
        > for sure that he was born at least in Colorado co., if not Weimar. I
        > thought perhaps the Kollers might have been somewhere near the Vallas
        > in Lavaca Co.
        > I am also searching for anything on the names Till (Leo Emil Till,
        > Rudolph Till), Rollins(Silas Sherman Rollins),and Stahl (Mary
        > Christine Stahl).
        > I would appreciate anything anyone might know. I am new to this
        > reseaching of my family and being that I live in Arkansas it's even
        > tougher
        > Thanks,
        > Renee

      • Gary & Marie
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 2, 2000
          Melinda

                We first visited the Dubina cem. about 1996. When you stand in front and face the cemetery, it would be all the way back on the right hand side next to the fence. There were several graves under the trees. We were there this summer for a Rabel reunion. We stopped and went back to pay our respects. But the head stone was gone and the under brush was very thick. We are planning a trip down there to cut away the brush and see if it is there covered up. I do not know who to contact. I do have some new found relatives there that may be able to help you find a keeper. I have a book titled  "Old Bohemian Tombstones" by Robert Janak. It was compiled in 1974. Pavel Valla is not listed in it. Who are you looking for? I will see what he has listed. There are 2 Otto's and 14 Peter's listed.

          Gary Rabel
          Dallas, Texas.

          > No doubt some of you have read the letter of mine Darlene was kind
          > enough to post. I thank her for that and those that have given me
          > information as a result of it. I am still looking for any additional
          > information on Frances Marek and her family, including that of her
          > parents John Marek and Anna Vojtek. Also, I am trying to find more
          > info on Martin Valla, whom Frances married, and Martin's family and
          > parents, Martin and Anna Mikel Valla.
          > Also I am looking for information on the name Koller. Frances's
          > daugther Christina, my gr grandmother, married a George Antone
          > Koller. His siblings included Louie, Anton, Henry(who married
          > Christina's older sister Teresa),Frank, Mary, and Rosie. I dont know
          > their parents names, but I do know that Christina and George moved to
          > Weimar shortly before or after 1927, when my grandpa was born. I know
          > for sure that he was born at least in Colorado co., if not Weimar. I
          > thought perhaps the Kollers might have been somewhere near the Vallas
          > in Lavaca Co.
          > I am also searching for anything on the names Till (Leo Emil Till,
          > Rudolph Till), Rollins(Silas Sherman Rollins),and Stahl (Mary
          > Christine Stahl).
          > I would appreciate anything anyone might know. I am new to this
          > reseaching of my family and being that I live in Arkansas it's even
          > tougher
          > Thanks,
          > Renee

        • Gilbert Bohuslav
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 2, 2000
            Melinda:  The gentlemen who wrote the book on the Ammansville cemetery, I think did one for Dubina as well (but I am not sure).  His address is:
                    Norman Krischke
                    516 North Street
                    Schulenburg, Tx 78956
                    (979)-743-3231
            You might want to check with him.

            Gilbert Bohuslav

            Melinda       We first visited the Dubina cem. about 1996. When you stand in front and face the cemetery, it would be all the way back on the right hand side next to the fence. There were several graves under the trees. We were there this summer for a Rabel reunion. We stopped and went back to pay our respects. But the head stone was gone and the under brush was very thick. We are planning a trip down there to cut away the brush and see if it is there covered up. I do not know who to contact. I do have some new found relatives there that may be able to help you find a keeper. I have a book titled  "Old Bohemian Tombstones" by Robert Janak. It was compiled in 1974. Pavel Valla is not listed in it. Who are you looking for? I will see what he has listed. There are 2 Otto's and 14 Peter's listed.  Gary RabelDallas, Texas.

            > No doubt some of you have read the letter of mine Darlene was kind
            > enough to post. I thank her for that and those that have given me
            > information as a result of it. I am still looking for any additional
            > information on Frances Marek and her family, including that of her
            > parents John Marek and Anna Vojtek. Also, I am trying to find more
            > info on Martin Valla, whom Frances married, and Martin's family and
            > parents, Martin and Anna Mikel Valla.
            > Also I am looking for information on the name Koller. Frances's
            > daugther Christina, my gr grandmother, married a George Antone
            > Koller. His siblings included Louie, Anton, Henry(who married
            > Christina's older sister Teresa),Frank, Mary, and Rosie. I dont know
            > their parents names, but I do know that Christina and George moved to
            > Weimar shortly before or after 1927, when my grandpa was born. I know
            > for sure that he was born at least in Colorado co., if not Weimar. I
            > thought perhaps the Kollers might have been somewhere near the Vallas
            > in Lavaca Co.
            > I am also searching for anything on the names Till (Leo Emil Till,
            > Rudolph Till), Rollins(Silas Sherman Rollins),and Stahl (Mary
            > Christine Stahl).
            > I would appreciate anything anyone might know. I am new to this
            > reseaching of my family and being that I live in Arkansas it's even
            > tougher
            > Thanks,
            > Renee

          • Julie Matus
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 3, 2000
              Gilbert -

              You might check with Ed Janecka, Fayette County Judge, about the cemetery
              upkeep. He is the person you rent the Dubina Hall from, so even if he
              might not be able to help you with what you need, he may know who you need
              to contact. I don't have his phone number handy but he is at the Fayette
              County Courthouse and may be in the phone book as well. His wife, Margie
              is in the tax business in Weimar and she would be in the phone book. Good
              luck. I know two of my cousins, Jim & (Marcella Herzik) Korenek's
              daughters, are buried at the back of the cemetery in tiny graves. They had
              been born dead or died shortly after birth and at that time not allowed to
              be buried in the main part of the cemetery, so they were buried at the back
              behind the trees and growth. It has now been cleaned up to where they are
              not way out back anymore. How sad for those babies.
              Later, Julie Herzik Matus

              At 09:29 PM 11/2/00 -0600, you wrote:
              > His address is:
              > Norman Krischke
              > 516 North Street
              > Schulenburg, Tx 78956
              > (979)-743-3231
              >You might want to check with him. Gilbert Bohuslav
              >--------------------------------------------------------- & Marie wrote:
              >Melinda "Old Bohemian Tombstones" by Robert Janak. It was compiled
              >in 1974. Pavel Valla is not listed in it. Who are you looking for? I will
              >see what he has listed. There are 2 Otto's and 14 Peter's listed. Gary
              >RabelDallas, Texas. ----- Original Message ----- From: Melinda Sims To:
              >texasczechs@egroups.com Sent: Thursday, November 02, 2000 10:03 AM
              >Subject: RE: [TexasCzechs] Valla, Marek, Koller,Till, Stahl, Rollins,
              >Gary, I hope you don�t mind my asking but, in regards to Dubina, where
              >was Pavel buried there?I have noticed that in the very back next to the
              >fence in the oldest part of the cemetery there is a lot of open area.I have
              >been wondering if something happened to the tombstones.I didn�t think they
              >would have left that much open area in the cemetery.If there are a bunch of
              >unmarked graves, do you have any idea who would know the names of the
              >people buried there?Any information would be appreciated. Thank you,
              >Melinda Sims Svetlik, Peter, Otto, Benes -----Original Message-----

              Researching Herzik, Korenek, Dybala, Toman, Matus, Kubala, Krenek, Grossman

              Comwerx Customer E-mail: replacethis@...
              Your All Digital Connection (281) 370-9690 METRO
              11803 Grant Rd. #222 (281) 370-9694 FAX
              Cypress, Tx 77429 (281) 257-2200 LOCAL
              US (281) 370-9764 TECH SUPPORT
            • Melinda Sims
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 3, 2000

                Gary,

                Thanks for the offer, but I know the location of my great-grandparents grave.  I was mainly curious.  The Otto’s that you mentioned are my Otto’s.  I try to visit Dubina every so often.  I was there a couple of weeks ago and put flowers on their grave.  I was just curious to see which graves were possibly unmarked.  I know Nancy Sugarek and Sara Barton are looking for a missing grave.  Perhaps, the one they are looking for is also unmarked.  In addition, I was curious to see if the Dubina cemetery has been documented.

                Thanks again,

                Melinda Sims

                Svetlik, Otto, Peter, Benes

                > No doubt some of you have read the letter of mine Darlene was kind
                > enough to post. I thank her for that and those that have given me
                > information as a result of it. I am still looking for any additional
                > information on Frances Marek and her family, including that of her
                > parents John Marek and Anna Vojtek. Also, I am trying to find more
                > info on Martin Valla, whom Frances married, and Martin's family and
                > parents, Martin and Anna Mikel Valla.
                > Also I am looking for information on the name Koller. Frances's
                > daugther Christina, my gr grandmother, married a George Antone
                > Koller. His siblings included Louie, Anton, Henry(who married
                > Christina's older sister Teresa),Frank, Mary, and Rosie. I dont know
                > their parents names, but I do know that Christina and George moved to
                > Weimar shortly before or after 1927, when my grandpa was born. I know
                > for sure that he was born at least in Colorado co., if not Weimar. I
                > thought perhaps the Kollers might have been somewhere near the Vallas
                > in Lavaca Co.
                > I am also searching for anything on the names Till (Leo Emil Till,
                > Rudolph Till), Rollins(Silas Sherman Rollins),and Stahl (Mary
                > Christine Stahl).
                > I would appreciate anything anyone might know. I am new to this
                > reseaching of my family and being that I live in Arkansas it's even
                > tougher
                > Thanks,
                > Renee

              • Melinda Sims
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 3, 2000

                  Hi, Gilbert!

                  Thank you!

                  Melinda Sims

                  Svetlik, Otto, Peter, Benes

                      I do not know if we are linked. I have not been able to establish a connection between my Anna Valla to Martin. Anna Valla was my g-grandmother. Married to John Rabel. Her father was Pavel I only have eight children listed. I understand that there were maybe sixteen children? Pavel's father was a Joseph born 1810. Pavel was buried in Dubina. Someone has taken the head stone though. I have a picture. I have more on the Marek's if you need any. I could use some more on the Holys.

                  Gary Rabel

                  > No doubt some of you have read the letter of mine Darlene was kind
                  > enough to post. I thank her for that and those that have given me
                  > information as a result of it. I am still looking for any additional
                  > information on Frances Marek and her family, including that of her
                  > parents John Marek and Anna Vojtek. Also, I am trying to find more
                  > info on Martin Valla, whom Frances married, and Martin's family and
                  > parents, Martin and Anna Mikel Valla.
                  > Also I am looking for information on the name Koller. Frances's
                  > daugther Christina, my gr grandmother, married a George Antone
                  > Koller. His siblings included Louie, Anton, Henry(who married
                  > Christina's older sister Teresa),Frank, Mary, and Rosie. I dont know
                  > their parents names, but I do know that Christina and George moved to
                  > Weimar shortly before or after 1927, when my grandpa was born. I know
                  > for sure that he was born at least in Colorado co., if not Weimar. I
                  > thought perhaps the Kollers might have been somewhere near the Vallas
                  > in Lavaca Co.
                  > I am also searching for anything on the names Till (Leo Emil Till,
                  > Rudolph Till), Rollins(Silas Sherman Rollins),and Stahl (Mary
                  > Christine Stahl).
                  > I would appreciate anything anyone might know. I am new to this
                  > reseaching of my family and being that I live in Arkansas it's even
                  > tougher
                  > Thanks,
                  > Renee

                • Melinda Sims
                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 3, 2000
                    Gilbert, Julie, and Gary:

                    There is a big push right now to get all of the old cemeteries documented.
                    This is a necessary thing since so many are disappearing. We are losing our
                    history. In addition, Dubina has a historical marker, but the cemetery
                    could possibly have one in its own right. There is another list where
                    cemetery documentation and preservation is a major topic. I will have to
                    try and contact Judge Janecka to find out if Dubina has been evaluated and
                    documented. I don't know how everyone else on the list feels, but it is
                    obvious that all aspects of Dubina are important to our culture and our
                    history. It is amazing how many people across the state have ties back to
                    Dubina and the surrounding area. Wouldn't it be wonderful to have an online
                    database on the Dubina cemetery that we could all access?

                    Thanks again for your help!

                    Melinda Sims
                    Svetlik, Otto, Peter, Benes

                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 3, 2000
                      Hi Melinda -

                      Yes, it would be interesting to see how many of the e-group people have
                      ties to Dubina somewhere down the line. Fayette County seems to be a place
                      everyone's ancestors were at one time in their lives. My husband's
                      ancestors lived in Fayetteville for some time, then some moved on up to the
                      Vernon/Thalia area. After visiting that area, I can't understand why
                      anyone would have left Fayette County. Vernon/Thalia is no comparison to
                      Fayette County - sorry, anyone from that area! I grew up in Ammannsville
                      and loved it. Unfortunately, at the time I graduated from high school
                      (1969) there were not a lot of places to get a job - now the area has grown
                      and there are more opportunites for the younger generation. Why, there is
                      even a Blinn Junior College in my old high school (Bishop Forest)!
                      Later, Julie

                      At 08:46 AM 11/3/00 -0600, you wrote:
                      > Gilbert, Julie, and Gary:
                      >
                      > There is a big push right now to get all of the old cemeteries documented.
                      > We are losing our
                      > In addition, Dubina has a historical marker, but the cemetery
                      > There is another list where
                      > I will have to
                      > try and contact Judge Janecka to find out if Dubina has been evaluated and
                      > I don't know how everyone else on the list feels, but it is
                      > obvious that all aspects of Dubina are important to our culture and our
                      > It is amazing how many people across the state have ties back to
                      > Wouldn't it be wonderful to have an online
                      > database on the Dubina cemetery that we could all access?
                      >
                      > Thanks again for your help!
                      >
                      > Melinda Sims
                      > Svetlik, Otto, Peter, Benes

                      >>> Thanks,

                      Message 10 of 11 , Nov 5, 2000
                        Hello Melinda

                        You are so right. If I can help in any way let me know.

                        Gary Rabel

                        To: