Re: [TexasCzechs] Valla, Marek, Koller,Till, Stahl, Rollins,

  • Gary & Marie
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2000
      Hello Renee

      I have a Vallas in my tree. I fined no connection to your Martin. But I
      have information on your Mareks through my Valla searching. Also I have just
      returned from a trip to the Czech Rep. While there we visited a cemetery in
      Vrazne. There is a very large mausoleum of a Till family. We took pictures
      of it but they did not turn out to well. I will see if they will scan if you
      would like. Here is some Marek info.

      John Sr. Marek b. April 1844, Johanov, Moravia d. Dec. 2, 1912 Bila Hora
      Cem. Lavaca Co. Texas.

      Anna Vojtek b. May 6, 1852, Johanov, Moravia. d. Oct.6,1921, Sublime, Lavaca
      Co. Texas. Father John Voyatek Mother Eva.

      Children

      John Jr. Marek b. March 7,1872, d. Jan 9, 1961. Weimar, Colorado Co. Texas.
      Married 10/7/1918.
      1. Rosalia Fojt
      2. Marie Pudich

      Veruna Marek b. 7/1875 . Moravia. d. 4/15/1932
      Married Fritz Goette

      Joseph Marek 4/1878. Texas.
      Married 11/20/1898 Francis Fojt

      Vilem Marek 4/1880. Texas.
      Married Anna

      Frances Marek b. 7/1883 Texas.
      Married Martin Valla

      Theresa Marek b.2/28/1885. Lavaca Co. Texas.d. 10/12/1932.
      Married Anton Thomas Holy

      Frank Marek b. 4/2/1888 d. 10/11/1966. Vestin Cem. Hallettsville, Lavaca Co.
      Texas.
      Married Josefina Sofina Repka

      Emilie Marek b. 12/17/1893 d. 11/19/1912.
      Married Frank Peterek

      August Marek b. 1/1/1898. Texas. d.7/13/1944 Bila Hora Cem. Lavaca Co.
      Texas.

      Adolph Marek

      If you have anything to add let me know.

      Gary Rabel
      Dallas, Texas.
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2000
        Gary,
        Thank you for the info on Frances's parents and siblings. As for my
        Till's, I'm not sure where they came from yet. I found a tree or part of one
        at least on WorldConnect that had from me and my current living relatives
        back to George Till who was probably born in the early 1700s? I'm under the
        impression that most of these from my gr. gandfather or gr. gr. grandfather
        back lived or at least were born overseas, I'm thinking either in Czech or
        Austria. Anyway, I was curious if you possibly had a Joe A. Rabel b.1875 or
        an Edward Rabel b.1887 somewhere in your family. I've come across these
        names while searching the Tills.

        Renee'
      • Gary & Marie
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 2, 2000
          Hello Renee

          I have allot of info on these guys. Joe A. Rabel is one of mine. He was
          married to Anna Till daughter of Joseph Till and Theresa Melcher. These are
          some of the Tills I was telling you about. We met and spent the day with
          Rudolph Melcher of this family when we were in the Czech. Rep. last month.
          Are these Tills yours?

          Gary Rabel
          Dallas, Texas.

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 3, 2000
            Gary,
            Yes, these are very much my Tills. Anna's brother Rudolph was my
            great grandfather, his son Leo Emil was my grandpa. I used to see Leo at
            most Christmases, and I know my parents took me to Rulolph in San Marcos
            once when i was a baby. I have a few pictures.
            I would appreciate any info you have.