Re: [TexasCzechs] Recipe question - Rosettes

  • Richard A. Garza
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2004
      Hi DK,
      Those are called Rosettes. We had a discussion a year or two ago
      about them. One of the members even created a section on the Links page
      for locating the irons. Perhaps there are some recipe links for them
      there, too.
      Rick Garza
      Sharing. It's what it's all about!
      http://www.texasczechs.homestead.com/

      "Austin County = Birthplace of Czech Immigration to Texas"

      On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 11:05:43 -0500 <dkf@...> writes:
      Hi all,

      I was wondering if anyone had a recipe for a pastry type dessert that I
      used to eat as a kid. I dont know the name of it, so I will describe
      it.

      It was a batter that you dip a shaped iron into and then sink the iron in
      hot oil. The pastry was light and airy and sprinkled with powdered sugar
      sometimes.