Re: [TexasCzechs] First Czech Immigrant Group to Texas

  • Arther K. Berkey
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2004
      Dolores Miller

      I would like to have a copy, if it has any referance to a John Konvicka  born 1840 who arrived in St. louis about this time, wfies name Anna Kuzak, born 1844 both born in Czech, location unknown.

      There was another John Konvicka born Feb. 1860 that liveded in the same home in St. Louis, This john must have been areletive.

      The Older John is my great grand father, would appereciate any information you may have. Please reply.

      Arther K. Berkey
      P.O.Box 515
      Locust Grove, OK
      74352

      aberkey@...

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 7, 2004

        Name: John KONVICHKA
        Age: 40
        Estimated birth year: <1840>
        Birthplace: BOH
        Occupation: Carriage Painter
        Relation: Self
        Home in 1880: St. Louis, St. Louis, Missouri
        Marital status: Married
        Race: White
        Gender: Male
        Head of household: John KONVICHKA
        Father's birthplace: BOH

        Mother's birthplace:

        BOH

        Annie wife  age 36

        Joseph son age 18 born Bohemia

        Mary daughter age 15 born Bohemia

        Anthony son age 13 born Bohemia

        Mathilda daughter age 3 born Missouri

        This is in the 1880 census for St Louis  city  if you would like the census image let me know I will email it too you

        Arther K. Berkey" <aberkey@...>

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 9, 2004
          Yes, I would like to have a copy and I will reimburse you for cost and shipping. And I thank you very much for your help.

          Arther K. Berkey
          P. O. box 515
          Locust grove, OK.
          74352-0515

          Pho 918-479-8639

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 14, 2004
            Art, I have been unable to send you copies, my printer and scanner died, however, Santa is bring a new one for Christmas and I'll try to send a copy of the ships passenger list that had John Konvicka.  I am still searching the Texas Seaport Museum for my grandparents ship and exact date of entry,
            they were Josef and Regina Bigon.
            Dolores Miller -- texassanta5@...