Re: [TexasCzechs] Great-Great

  • Nangotoo
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2004
      >> My Great-Great Grandparents were Pavel and Rozina (Pagac) Sebesta from
      Zadvenice Czech. They came to Galveston around 1855. My Great Grandparents
      were Tom and Rozina (Kotrla) Sebesta. Grandparents were Frank and Marie
      (Sebesta) Luksa from Snook, Tx If anyone has any info on these individuals,
      I would appriciate hearing from you.
      Thanks.
      Norm Luksa-<<

      Norm,

      How long have you been researching your family? Are you familar with the
      many places and resources there are to find family records? It sounds as if
      you have a good start. How much research have you done up until now? There
      are lots of places you can be searching--- for their shipboard and
      immigration records, land records, census records, courthouse records, etc.
      Those can be done online in many cases.

      Nan

      I have a long time friend whose maiden name is Pagac here in CA. Small
      world.
    • Angela
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 27, 2005
        Hi Norm!

        I'm not sure if this is the same family tree or not...so many first
        names are the same. I have in the Svadlenak family history a Rose
        Svadlenak b 1820 in Lipa, Moravia that married a Thomas Sebesta.
        Death
        dates not available, but both are buried in Howard Cemetary,
        Delaware
        Bend, Cooke County, TX. Listed as daughter is a Rozina Sebesta born
        Aug. 3, 1852 in Lipa, Moravia. Her brother, Franklin Joseph
        (Sebesta)
        Shebester, born Oct 17, 1857 dies Nov. 12, 1949, married Theresia
        Chalupka Nov. 4, 1877. Franklin and Theresia had 12 children, one of
        which was Marie Emma Therese (Molly) Shebester born Oct 6, 1879 died
        June 22, 1973. It says that Marie married John Kolaja.

        Rose Svadlenak Sebesta had a brother, Jan (John) Svadlenak I born
        1823
        in Lipa, Moravia died July 2, 1897 in Delaware Bend, Cooke County,
        Texas. He had a son, August Frank (Svadlenak) Shwadlenak born
        February
        2, 1856 in Lipa, Moravia, married Theresa Ann Luksa of Liptal,
        Moravia
        on Sept. 13, 1882, died July 10. 1914 in Terrell, TX.

        As you can tell, the surname spellings were Americanized over time.
        I have included the traditional name in parenthesis.

        If this is any help, please let me know if you need any more info.

        Angela