Re: [TexasCzechs] Laddie Patek of the Joe Patek Orchestra

  • probert420@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 30, 2004
      Hello Matt:

      I believe the Laddie Patek you are looking for is from the Shiner, Texas area.  There is a business in Shiner called "Fridays" owned by Marvin Patek.  In "Fridays" there are lots of photo's of the Patek Orchestra.  If you are every in the area it would be worth stopping at "Fridays" to look at all the old photos and asking for Marvin Patek.  There is also a grocery store called "Patek's in Shiner.  I'm sure they are kin, in fact there are quite a lot of Patek's in the Lavaca area.

      Hope this helps,
      Patsy
    • Tony Janak
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 2, 2004

        DEAR MATT

        INFORMATION ON LADDIE PATEK THAT PLAY WITH

        [JOE PATEK ORCH] LADDIE & JOE WERE BROS

        ONE OT LADDIE SON LIVE IN YOAKUM, HE HAS A AUTO PARTS STORE, ANDERS AUTO PARTS

        STORE 361 293 3642 OR 6518

        HOME 361 293 2706

        HIS NAME IS JOHNNIE PATEK Jr.

        GOOD LUCK

        TONY

        rebellous_99 <lennonluv@...> wrote:

        Hi all,

        I am interested in information on the death of Laddie Patek, son of
        Joe Patek of the Orchestra that bears his name.  According to fellow
        member and cousin Fr. Fred Janecek, Laddie Patek died one night while
        playing with the Orchestra.  According to Tise's Lavaca County
        Cemetery Records Volume 5, Laddie Patek died on 9 Mar 1963, and he is
        buried in the SS. Cyril and Methodius Catholic Cemetery.

        If anyone has any information on him, I'd appreciate it.  His wife
        was a distant cousin of mine.

        Matt

      • Janecek
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 2, 2004
          Hi

          Laddie (Ladislav) Patek (husband of Justina nee Drabek) was a son of Joe Patek, the founder of the orchestra with his sons.  One of the sons was also named Joe.

          I am Justina's first cousin; she was my father neice.

          In peace,
          P. Fred

          Janecek/Chlubny & Berckenhoff/Hajek

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 2, 2004
            Hi

            Laddie (Ladislav) Patek (husband of Justina nee Drabek) was a son of
            Joe Patek, the founder of the orchestra with his sons. One of the
            sons was also named Joe.

            I am Justina's first cousin; she was my father neice.

            In peace,
            P. Fred

            Janecek/Chlubny & Berckenhoff/Hajek
            > INFORMATION ON LADDIE PATEK THAT PLAY WITH
            >
            > [JOE PATEK ORCH] LADDIE & JOE WERE BROS
            >
            > ONE OT LADDIE SON LIVE IN YOAKUM, HE HAS A AUTO PARTS STORE,
            ANDERS AUTO PARTS

            > STORE 361 293 3642 OR 6518
            >
            > HOME 361 293 2706
            >
            > HIS NAME IS JOHNNIE PATEK Jr.
            >
            > GOOD LUCK
            >
            > TONY
            >

            > rebellous_99 <lennonluv@h...> wrote:
            > Hi all,
            >
            > I am interested in information on the death of Laddie Patek, son
            of
            > Joe Patek of the Orchestra that bears his name. According to
            fellow
            > member and cousin Fr. Fred Janecek, Laddie Patek died one night
            while
            > playing with the Orchestra. According to Tise's Lavaca County
            > Cemetery Records Volume 5, Laddie Patek died on 9 Mar 1963, and he
            is
            > buried in the SS. Cyril and Methodius Catholic Cemetery.
            >
            > If anyone has any information on him, I'd appreciate it. His wife
            > was a distant cousin of mine.
            >
            > Matt
            >

            > Remember: You can alway set your account to Digest Mode for less
            mail.

            > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

            Service.