Laddie Patek of the Joe Patek Orchestra

  • rebellous_99
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 30, 2004
      Hi all,

      I am interested in information on the death of Laddie Patek, son of
      Joe Patek of the Orchestra that bears his name. According to fellow
      member and cousin Fr. Fred Janecek, Laddie Patek died one night while
      playing with the Orchestra. According to Tise's Lavaca County
      Cemetery Records Volume 5, Laddie Patek died on 9 Mar 1963, and he is
      buried in the SS. Cyril and Methodius Catholic Cemetery.

      If anyone has any information on him, I'd appreciate it. His wife
      was a distant cousin of mine.

      Matt
    • probert420@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 30, 2004
        Hello Matt:

        I believe the Laddie Patek you are looking for is from the Shiner, Texas area.  There is a business in Shiner called "Fridays" owned by Marvin Patek.  In "Fridays" there are lots of photo's of the Patek Orchestra.  If you are every in the area it would be worth stopping at "Fridays" to look at all the old photos and asking for Marvin Patek.  There is also a grocery store called "Patek's in Shiner.  I'm sure they are kin, in fact there are quite a lot of Patek's in the Lavaca area.

        Hope this helps,
        Patsy
      • Tony Janak
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 2, 2004

          DEAR MATT

          INFORMATION ON LADDIE PATEK THAT PLAY WITH

          [JOE PATEK ORCH] LADDIE & JOE WERE BROS

          ONE OT LADDIE SON LIVE IN YOAKUM, HE HAS A AUTO PARTS STORE, ANDERS AUTO PARTS

          STORE 361 293 3642 OR 6518

          HOME 361 293 2706

          HIS NAME IS JOHNNIE PATEK Jr.

          GOOD LUCK

          TONY

          rebellous_99 <lennonluv@...> wrote:

          Hi all,

          I am interested in information on the death of Laddie Patek, son of
          Joe Patek of the Orchestra that bears his name.  According to fellow
          member and cousin Fr. Fred Janecek, Laddie Patek died one night while
          playing with the Orchestra.  According to Tise's Lavaca County
          Cemetery Records Volume 5, Laddie Patek died on 9 Mar 1963, and he is
          buried in the SS. Cyril and Methodius Catholic Cemetery.

          If anyone has any information on him, I'd appreciate it.  His wife
          was a distant cousin of mine.

          Matt

        • Janecek
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 2, 2004
            Hi

            Laddie (Ladislav) Patek (husband of Justina nee Drabek) was a son of Joe Patek, the founder of the orchestra with his sons.  One of the sons was also named Joe.

            I am Justina's first cousin; she was my father neice.

            In peace,
            P. Fred

            Janecek/Chlubny & Berckenhoff/Hajek

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 2, 2004
              Hi

              Laddie (Ladislav) Patek (husband of Justina nee Drabek) was a son of
              Joe Patek, the founder of the orchestra with his sons. One of the
              sons was also named Joe.

              I am Justina's first cousin; she was my father neice.

              In peace,
              P. Fred

              Janecek/Chlubny & Berckenhoff/Hajek
              > INFORMATION ON LADDIE PATEK THAT PLAY WITH
              >
              > [JOE PATEK ORCH] LADDIE & JOE WERE BROS
              >
              > ONE OT LADDIE SON LIVE IN YOAKUM, HE HAS A AUTO PARTS STORE,
              ANDERS AUTO PARTS

              > STORE 361 293 3642 OR 6518
              >
              > HOME 361 293 2706
              >
              > HIS NAME IS JOHNNIE PATEK Jr.
              >
              > GOOD LUCK
              >
              > TONY
              >

              > rebellous_99 <lennonluv@h...> wrote:
              > Hi all,
              >
              > I am interested in information on the death of Laddie Patek, son
              of
              > Joe Patek of the Orchestra that bears his name. According to
              fellow
              > member and cousin Fr. Fred Janecek, Laddie Patek died one night
              while
              > playing with the Orchestra. According to Tise's Lavaca County
              > Cemetery Records Volume 5, Laddie Patek died on 9 Mar 1963, and he
              is
              > buried in the SS. Cyril and Methodius Catholic Cemetery.
              >
              > If anyone has any information on him, I'd appreciate it. His wife
              > was a distant cousin of mine.
              >
              > Matt
              >

              > Remember: You can alway set your account to Digest Mode for less
              mail.

              > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

              Service.