Great-Great

  • nluksa
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 28, 2004
      My Great-Great Grandparents were Pavel and Rozina (Pagac) Sebesta
      from Zadvenice Czech. They came to Galveston around 1855. My Great
      Grandparents were Tom and Rozina (Kotrla) Sebesta. Grandparents were
      Frank and Marie (Sebesta) Luksa from Snook, Tx If anyone has any
      info on these individuals, I would appriciate hearing from you.
      Thanks.
      Norm Luksa-
    • rebellous_99
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 29, 2004
        Norm,

        Your ancestors are included in the book The Czech Pioneers of the
        Southwest by Henry R. Maresh (original publication 1934). There is
        actually an entire chapter on the Sebesta family. A Frank Luska is
        also listed in the index. If I get time, I might post some
        information from the book or e-mail it to you direct.

        Matt

        --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "nluksa" <nluksa@o...> wrote:

        > My Great-Great Grandparents were Pavel and Rozina (Pagac) Sebesta
        > from Zadvenice Czech. They came to Galveston around 1855. My Great
        > Grandparents were Tom and Rozina (Kotrla) Sebesta. Grandparents
        were
        > Frank and Marie (Sebesta) Luksa from Snook, Tx If anyone has any
        > info on these individuals, I would appriciate hearing from you.
        > Thanks.
        > Norm Luksa-
      • Nangotoo
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2004
          >> My Great-Great Grandparents were Pavel and Rozina (Pagac) Sebesta from
          Zadvenice Czech. They came to Galveston around 1855. My Great Grandparents
          were Tom and Rozina (Kotrla) Sebesta. Grandparents were Frank and Marie
          (Sebesta) Luksa from Snook, Tx If anyone has any info on these individuals,
          I would appriciate hearing from you.
          Thanks.
          Norm Luksa-<<

          Norm,

          How long have you been researching your family? Are you familar with the
          many places and resources there are to find family records? It sounds as if
          you have a good start. How much research have you done up until now? There
          are lots of places you can be searching--- for their shipboard and
          immigration records, land records, census records, courthouse records, etc.
          Those can be done online in many cases.

          Nan

          I have a long time friend whose maiden name is Pagac here in CA. Small
          world.
        • Angela
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 27, 2005
            Hi Norm!

            I'm not sure if this is the same family tree or not...so many first
            names are the same. I have in the Svadlenak family history a Rose
            Svadlenak b 1820 in Lipa, Moravia that married a Thomas Sebesta.
            Death
            dates not available, but both are buried in Howard Cemetary,
            Delaware
            Bend, Cooke County, TX. Listed as daughter is a Rozina Sebesta born
            Aug. 3, 1852 in Lipa, Moravia. Her brother, Franklin Joseph
            (Sebesta)
            Shebester, born Oct 17, 1857 dies Nov. 12, 1949, married Theresia
            Chalupka Nov. 4, 1877. Franklin and Theresia had 12 children, one of
            which was Marie Emma Therese (Molly) Shebester born Oct 6, 1879 died
            June 22, 1973. It says that Marie married John Kolaja.

            Rose Svadlenak Sebesta had a brother, Jan (John) Svadlenak I born
            1823
            in Lipa, Moravia died July 2, 1897 in Delaware Bend, Cooke County,
            Texas. He had a son, August Frank (Svadlenak) Shwadlenak born
            February
            2, 1856 in Lipa, Moravia, married Theresa Ann Luksa of Liptal,
            Moravia
            on Sept. 13, 1882, died July 10. 1914 in Terrell, TX.

            As you can tell, the surname spellings were Americanized over time.
            I have included the traditional name in parenthesis.

            If this is any help, please let me know if you need any more info.

            Angela