Re: [TexasCzechs] Genealogy Links & Website

  • richardgarza1@juno.com
    Message 1 of 3 , May 3, 2000
      Hi Gary,
      BabelFish does not speak Czech. Gotta depend on the old dictionary.
      I'll ask my Czech friend here in Houston for the Czech translation to "Do
      you read English" tomorrow.
      Yes, it is an interesting site. I recognized several names and villages
      as being those of TexasCzechs. Hope some of the others take time to
      review some of the messages. They may find a cousing looking for them.
      If you want to try translating some of those messages word by word, try
      going to Bucknell University's dictionaries. They recently changed URL
      so don't have latest. It has about the most extensive list of languages,
      Czech being one of them.

      Sharing. It's What It's All About!
      Rick Garza
      http://www.garza-zattler.homepage.com/
      NameSearch: GARZA, ZATTLER, REYNA, FOSTER, SCHACHTNER, STOPFER,
      HOLLMAIER, VOGEL, VOGL, WEINZIERL, FINK
      http://www.egroups.com/database/texasczechs

      On Wed, 3 May 2000 23:07:46 -0500 "Gary & Marie" <gmrab@...> writes:
      > Hello Richard
      >
      > This is a very interesting site. I want to contact a few of the
      > people. I tried Babel Fish but it did not work. Do you know a Czech
      > phrase for. ( Do you read English?) Thank you for sharing.
      >
      > Gary Rabel

      Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
    • richardgarza1@juno.com
      Message 2 of 3 , May 4, 2000
        On Wed, 3 May 2000 23:07:46 -0500 "Gary & Marie" <gmrab@...> writes:
        > Hello Richard

        > Do you know a Czech
        > phrase for. ( Do you read English?) Thank you for sharing.

        Gary,
        The phrase I got is:
        Ctete anglicky? Hacek over the two Cs, no carkas.

        Sharing. It's What It's All About!
        Rick Garza
        http://www.garza-zattler.homepage.com/
        NameSearch: GARZA, ZATTLER, REYNA, FOSTER, SCHACHTNER, STOPFER,
        HOLLMAIER, VOGEL, VOGL, WEINZIERL, FINK
        http://www.egroups.com/database/texasczechs

        Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
        http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.