picture attached

  • delsmaj@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2000
      I just sent an email to this site and when it was delivered to me it had a
      picture attachment that I didn't send.  I have noticed this a lot with mail I
      have been betting form the egroup.  Dies anyone know what is happening?
      Del Smajstrla
    • John L. Mikeska
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 2000
        Seems the eGroups tag line "Alert" gets shows as an attachment. Note
        Lois
        Peters (Sorry if spelled this wrong, Lois) file almost always have
        this as attachment
        when I receive it. What's the problem, Dunno!

        Sir John, Earl of Berkshire
        ICQ 48955956

        Researching: Mikeska, Scasta/Stasta, Balcar, Nedbalek, Garrett,
        Trimble, Holcomb(e)

      • delsmaj@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 1, 2000
          Thanks, Sir Earl.  Are they safe to open?
        • delsmaj@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 1, 2000
            Is it because of the advertising at the end of the emails?
            Del
          • John L. Mikeska
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 1, 2000

              | Thanks, Sir Earl.  Are they safe to open?

              Yep, is the same advertisment we usually see all the time.
            • John L. Mikeska
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 1, 2000

                Subject: Re: [TexasCzechs] picture attached

                | Thanks, Sir Earl.  Are they safe to open?

                Yes, in this case it is.  However, if you get a picture
                or file ending in .exe or .com and do not know where
                it came from or why someone was so kind to send
                it to you = delete it without opening.  DON"T worry
                what it was!!!

                Here is the advertisement attached to most of the
                eGroups messages.  You may mistake it as a message form
                eGroups, but I actually attached it to this file in HTML format,
                which will therefore show the advertisment below.

                Sir John