Re: [TexasCzechs] Ammansville Cemetery

  • Mrazoompa@aol.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 1, 2000
      Gerri,

      Could you possibly tell me if there are any tombstone(s) fot the families I
      am researching? They are primarily in Lavaca County but as I am
      finding...stranger things have happened....

      Thank you so much for willing to share your book and do look ups.

      Elizabeth MRAZ
      Houston, Texas
      Searching for my Ancestors and Family: GALLIA, GAST, MOTL, MRAZ, SCHUMANN,
      SEDLAK, STUDLAR, just to name a few....
    • Gilbert Bohuslav
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 1, 2000
        There are 6 gravesites for Rohan's:
            Site 33                                ON TOMBSTONE
                ANNA ROHAN        18 BREZ 1894    23 CERV 1894
                   Dual stone with Marcela Rohan, daughter of F. & Maria Rohan
            Site 34
                MARCELA ROHAN    18 BREZ 1894   23 CERV 1894
            My Note:  Appears these were twins born/died same time.   Brez is
                            March and Cerv is June.  SEE CENSUS BELOW.
            Site 63
                JAN ROHAN        4 UNOR 1884    16 BREZ 1893
            Site 98
                MARIE ROHAN    8 ZARI 1857    22 UNOR 1934
            Site 301
                BEDRICH ROHAN    24 JUN 1885    18 FEB 1966
            Site 302
                FILOMENA ROHAN    8 MAR 1888    11 MAR 1968
                    Wife of Bedrich

        In the 1900 census there appears:
            FRANK ROHAN    Born Dec 1854 in Bohemia  Married 1879
            MARY (WIFE)        Born Sep 1857  with 13 children, 9 living
            Rest are listed and I assume are children
                JOSEPH    SEP 1882
                EMILIE    AUG 1885
                FRITZ        JUN 1887
                MARY        NOV 1888
                LINA        SEP 1890
                FERDINAND    MAY 1891
                ROSY                NOV 1895
                KONSTANDTINE    FEB 1900.

        Hope this helps.

        Gilbert Bohuslav
        ======================================
        Lois Petter Pereira wrote:

        Thanks for offering. I believe some of my Rohan's were from Ammansville. And if you don't mind looking I am still looking for my elusive grandparents...Antone Orsag (Orsack or Orsak) and his wife Anna Urban.

        Gilbert Bohuslav wrote:

        I just found my book entitled "St. John the Baptist Catholic Cemetery -
        Ammansville, Texas" compiled by Norman Krischke.

        In this book he has
            1) Alphabetical index with Grave Sites
            2) Numerical Listing with some inscriptions,
            3) Newspaper write-up of various people who died and are buried
        there,
            4) June 1900 census of Ammansville

        If anyone would like for me to look up information, I would be most
        happy to do so as long as you don't require it "yesterday".

        By the way, I believe Mr. Krischke has other books on other cemeteries
        in and around this area.

        Gilbert Bohuslav
        Lake Jackson, Texas
        born in Ammansville

        Lois Petter Pereira
        Researching Ahlhorn, Bokemeyer, Brdusik, Bruntrig, Cordes, Filges, Francis, Garney, Gebauer, Hadac, Hadash, Halla, Hauser, Hoelschel, Kaskie, Maciejeski, Manak, Nauger, Ollre, Orsag, Orsak, Otjen, Papiz, Pavlik, Pereira, Petter, Polasek, Pratka, Psencik, Rada, Rohan, Sablatura, Schaub, Schroeder, Slovack, Susil, Tiemann, Urban, Weiser

      • darlenbaker@cs.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 1, 2000
          gilbert ,

          your message came out with all the tabs and stuff in it check it out

          darlene baker
        • Lois Petter Pereira
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 3, 2000
            I have an awful lot of Rohans. I am researching my son-in-law's family and the Rohan and Hadac (Hadash) would be his. There are too many to list but if you like I can email you a genalogy report that would be about 4 pages. Let me know.......Lois Petter Pereira

            "G. Martisek" wrote:

            O.K.  There really are a few people alive out there.  I thought maybe the ghosts and goblins had gotten everyone since it has been so quite recently out there.  Let's get those emails going again.

            Lois,

            What are the names and dates of your Rohan relations?  I have some on a couple of my lines.

            Gerri

            P.S.  I also have the books "Old Bohemina Tombstones, Vol 1, 2, and 3 by Robert Janak.  They cover the cemeteries in Fayette and Lavaca Counties.

            I also will do lookups as I can.

            Gerri

            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 3, 2000
              Thanks so much and yes I am still looking..... Lois
              darlenbaker@... wrote:
              lois,

              you are still looking for your Grandparents??  I know there are some Orsak
              buried in the Vsetin Cem in Lavaca Co.,Tx  Next time I am that away I   will
              ge tnames for you.