Re: [TexasCzechs] Marburger Eckel Dockal etc

  • richardgarza1@juno.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2004
      Thanks Patsy and others,
      These are quite likely the people referenced in the recipe
      letter. I checked the on-line death indexes and find they all fit the age
      for contemporaries of Mrs. Albert.
      Jennie Marie Eckel is shown being born 08 Aug 1905 and died 06
      Jan 1990. Her husband, Lawrence W., is shown as having died 21 Jan 1969
      and single at the time. I wonder if they got divorced?
      Rosa Marie Docekal/Dockal Marburger was born 23 Jan 1906.
      When Mrs. Albert first showed me her poppy seed grinder and how
      it was used, she described having bought it from a traveling salesman
      from La Grange and how he would come to their area once a month with his
      pickup truck loaded with wares. I remember when I was growing up in the
      50s and 60s seeing such traveling vendors. Perhaps Mr. Eckel was such a
      salesman?
      Rick Garza

      On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 01:29:09 EDT probert420@... writes:
      John C. Marburger (German) married Rosa M. Docekal (Czech) lived in
      Fayette County. She was about 60 in 1966.

      There were several Eckel's living in La Grange (Fayette County). I think
      the one you are looking for is Lawrence Eckel (German) married Jennie (?)
      (Czech). She was about 60 in 1966.

      Hope this helps you,
      Patsy

      .