Valla, Marek, Koller,Till, Stahl, Rollins,

  • Sharon Till
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 26, 2000
      No doubt some of you have read the letter of mine Darlene was kind
      enough to post. I thank her for that and those that have given me
      information as a result of it. I am still looking for any additional
      information on Frances Marek and her family, including that of her
      parents John Marek and Anna Vojtek. Also, I am trying to find more
      info on Martin Valla, whom Frances married, and Martin's family and
      parents, Martin and Anna Mikel Valla.
      Also I am looking for information on the name Koller. Frances's
      daugther Christina, my gr grandmother, married a George Antone
      Koller. His siblings included Louie, Anton, Henry(who married
      Christina's older sister Teresa),Frank, Mary, and Rosie. I dont know
      their parents names, but I do know that Christina and George moved to
      Weimar shortly before or after 1927, when my grandpa was born. I know
      for sure that he was born at least in Colorado co., if not Weimar. I
      thought perhaps the Kollers might have been somewhere near the Vallas
      in Lavaca Co.
      I am also searching for anything on the names Till (Leo Emil Till,
      Rudolph Till), Rollins(Silas Sherman Rollins),and Stahl (Mary
      Christine Stahl).
      I would appreciate anything anyone might know. I am new to this
      reseaching of my family and being that I live in Arkansas it's even
      tougher
      Thanks,
      Renee
    • Gary & Marie
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2000
        Hello Renee

        I have a Vallas in my tree. I fined no connection to your Martin. But I
        have information on your Mareks through my Valla searching. Also I have just
        returned from a trip to the Czech Rep. While there we visited a cemetery in
        Vrazne. There is a very large mausoleum of a Till family. We took pictures
        of it but they did not turn out to well. I will see if they will scan if you
        would like. Here is some Marek info.

        John Sr. Marek b. April 1844, Johanov, Moravia d. Dec. 2, 1912 Bila Hora
        Cem. Lavaca Co. Texas.

        Anna Vojtek b. May 6, 1852, Johanov, Moravia. d. Oct.6,1921, Sublime, Lavaca
        Co. Texas. Father John Voyatek Mother Eva.

        Children

        John Jr. Marek b. March 7,1872, d. Jan 9, 1961. Weimar, Colorado Co. Texas.
        Married 10/7/1918.
        1. Rosalia Fojt
        2. Marie Pudich

        Veruna Marek b. 7/1875 . Moravia. d. 4/15/1932
        Married Fritz Goette

        Joseph Marek 4/1878. Texas.
        Married 11/20/1898 Francis Fojt

        Vilem Marek 4/1880. Texas.
        Married Anna

        Frances Marek b. 7/1883 Texas.
        Married Martin Valla

        Theresa Marek b.2/28/1885. Lavaca Co. Texas.d. 10/12/1932.
        Married Anton Thomas Holy

        Frank Marek b. 4/2/1888 d. 10/11/1966. Vestin Cem. Hallettsville, Lavaca Co.
        Texas.
        Married Josefina Sofina Repka

        Emilie Marek b. 12/17/1893 d. 11/19/1912.
        Married Frank Peterek

        August Marek b. 1/1/1898. Texas. d.7/13/1944 Bila Hora Cem. Lavaca Co.
        Texas.

        Adolph Marek

        If you have anything to add let me know.

        Gary Rabel
        Dallas, Texas.

      • tillrenee@exchange.uams.edu
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 2, 2000
          Gary,
          Thank you for the info on Frances's parents and siblings. As for my
          Till's, I'm not sure where they came from yet. I found a tree or part of one
          at least on WorldConnect that had from me and my current living relatives
          back to George Till who was probably born in the early 1700s? I'm under the
          impression that most of these from my gr. gandfather or gr. gr. grandfather
          back lived or at least were born overseas, I'm thinking either in Czech or
          Austria. Anyway, I was curious if you possibly had a Joe A. Rabel b.1875 or
          an Edward Rabel b.1887 somewhere in your family. I've come across these
          names while searching the Tills.

          Renee'
        • Gary & Marie
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 2, 2000
            Hello Renee

            I have allot of info on these guys. Joe A. Rabel is one of mine. He was
            married to Anna Till daughter of Joseph Till and Theresa Melcher. These are
            some of the Tills I was telling you about. We met and spent the day with
            Rudolph Melcher of this family when we were in the Czech. Rep. last month.
            Are these Tills yours?

            Gary Rabel
            Dallas, Texas.

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 3, 2000
              Gary,
              Yes, these are very much my Tills. Anna's brother Rudolph was my
              great grandfather, his son Leo Emil was my grandpa. I used to see Leo at
              most Christmases, and I know my parents took me to Rulolph in San Marcos
              once when i was a baby. I have a few pictures.
              I would appreciate any info you have.