Macha-Smajstrla connection

  • delsmaj@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 23, 2000
      Small world I was in Wallis Sunday for a Smajstrla/Smajstrla reunion! There
      are Macha threaded through the Smajstrla tree.

      These are some I have:
      Frantisek Mach m Mariana Dobias (No dates --Frenstat)
      had daughter Anezka b. 1856 m. Karel Smajstrla in 1888 in Frenstat.
      They immigrated to Tours, Tx

      Sophia Macha m. Raymond Smaistrla. (There was some of this family at the
      reunion yesterday--will forward your letter to the "headmaster" and see if
      has a contact for you)

      Jan Smajstrla b. 25 July 1762 m. Mariana Macova (Frenstat)

      I am in the process of connecting all the Smajstrlas in Texas to two brothers
      Jiri 1733 and Frantisek 1737.

      Hope to hear from you.
    • G. Martisek

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 23, 2000
          I am going to forward this to George Smaistrla who is the historian of that
          family tree and lives in that area. Let me know what you find out!
          Thanks
          Del
        • Chris Macha
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 26, 2000
            My wife showed me your e-mail responce and I was excited to see that you
            were in Wallis at the Smaistra reunion! Sophia (Macha) Smaistrla was my
            father's sister. My father's name was Edward Macha and they were the
            children of Charlie and Cecilie Macha. They grew up on a farm between
            Wallis and Tavener. I know that Raymond and Sophie Smaistrla had several
            children, but its been several years since I've seen them. My great
            grandparents immigrated from Albrechticky in the Northern part of the Czech
            Republic in 1880. They settled first in Fayettte County near Weimer, TX and
            later bought a farm south of Wallis near the Bernard river.

            What is your connection to the Smaistrla's? Nice to hear from you and please
            keep in touch. Rick Macha
          • janetsk57
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 22, 2008
              Rick,
              Raymond and Sophie were my aunt and uncle. Raymond Smaistrla was my
              dad's brother.
              I have a lot that I could share with you--if you get this message,
              let me know.
              Janet Smaistrla King

              - In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Macha" <swgtos@...> wrote:

              > My wife showed me your e-mail responce and I was excited to see
              that you
              > were in Wallis at the Smaistra reunion! Sophia (Macha) Smaistrla
              was my
              > father's sister. My father's name was Edward Macha and they were the
              > children of Charlie and Cecilie Macha. They grew up on a farm
              between
              > Wallis and Tavener. I know that Raymond and Sophie Smaistrla had
              several
              > children, but its been several years since I've seen them. My great
              > grandparents immigrated from Albrechticky in the Northern part of
              the Czech
              > Republic in 1880. They settled first in Fayettte County near
              Weimer, TX and
              > later bought a farm south of Wallis near the Bernard river.
              >
              > What is your connection to the Smaistrla's? Nice to hear from you
              and please
              > keep in touch. Rick Macha

            • e kocurek
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 2, 2008
                Hi Rick,
                I noticed that your father was Edward Macha.  Was your grandfather Charles T. Macha?
                Was your great-grandfather Jiri(George) Macha(1844-1918) and your great-grandmother Johanna Sebesta(1851-1937)?
                I have these individuals in my database and am missing a lot of links to my family.
                If these people are related to please let me know.
                    Thanks,  Ed Kocurek        ekocurek@...