Re: [TexasCzechs] Digest Number 1900

  • Illonam@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 12, 2004
      My Mom also came from Ratibor.  Her family name was Kunik and I have never been able to find any other Kuniks in the Czech Republic.  There are many in Germany.  Have any of you come across this name in your research?

      Since Ratibor is now in Poland, I may have some distant relatives there too.

      I am a somewhat silent member of the list too in Yukon, OK.  I am trying to get a sister city trip there next year, but it is a slow go.  I guess 9/11 and the economy are really affecting our overseas trips.  Of course, the prices are also on the rise and the exchange rate and added value tax are making it more expensive to travel to the CR.

      I also enjoyed the journal and it brought back many good memories.
      Thanks for sharing.
      Illona Morris
      Yukon, OK
    • J.D. Kotrla-Chipps
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 12, 2004
        Illonam@... wrote:

        > My Mom also came from Ratibor. Her family name was Kunik and I have
        > never been able to find any other Kuniks in the Czech Republic. There
        > are many in Germany. Have any of you come across this name in your
        > research?
        >
        > Since Ratibor is now in Poland, I may have some distant relatives there too.

        Many of my relatives came from Ratibor, but it is listed in Vsetin,
        Moravia, not Poland. It is spelled many different ways too, Ratibori,
        Ratabor, Ratiabor, Ratiborz.

        There is even a Ratibor here in Texas, or at least there used to be.

        JD

        --

        http://woptura.com/buffalo.html