SEMI-ANNUAL ROLL CALL

  • richardgarza1@juno.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 10, 2004
      Hello Everyone,

      We're a bit late but It's time again for our Semi-Annual Roll Call. We
      have almost 200 new members since the last Roll Call and many of them
      don't know who you are or your family connections. Let's help them out.

      Please send a message to the list with the following information:

      1.) Includes in the subject line the words ROLL CALL and the main
      surname(s) such as: "Roll Call: MACHACEK. KOLIBAL," etc.
      2.) Include in the message a brief synopsis of the information you have
      on the family as well as any additional information you are seeking.
      3.) Include your EMAIL ADDRESS.
      4.) Include the URL of your genealogy web site, if you have one.
      5.) Sign your message so readers know who they are talking to.

      Include pertinent information that would help another reader determine
      whether or not they have information that relates to your lines.

      Also, remember that these messages are ARCHIVED on YahooGroups. So even
      if you don't find the information you are looking for now, someone doing
      a search may find your message later and be able to assist you.

      If you have questions, please feel free to ask.

      Please remember that we do a roll call twice a year so that new members
      can see just how many connections they have here. (see one example below)

      Thanks,
      The Help Team:
      J.L. "Sir John" Mikeska, Beaumont
      Steve Alvarez, Katy
      Frank Mikula, Dallas
      Rick Garza, Houston

      _______________ONE EXAMPLE___________________
      Nanette Gaither
      San Diego, CA

      Researching:

      MONDRIK, MONDRICK, MUNDRIK

      My g-grandfather, Peter MONDRIK (later Mondrick) came from Moravia to
      Fayette Co., TX in 1878. He had a brother named Charles who later went
      to Cameron, TX or thereabouts. Charles and his wife, Sophie LEEK, had a
      son named Lincoln who definitely lived in Cameron.
      There was also a Joseph (or Josef) MONDRIK who immigrated to TX a few
      years earlier than Peter and Charles. He may be another brother or a
      cousin.

      KOLIBAL, KOETHER, RECEK

      Peter married Anna or Annie KOLIBAL b. in TX 1858. Her father and mother,
      Valentin and Franziska KOLIBAL were among the first Czech settlement.
      They immigrated from Frenstat, Maren, Moravia to TX (Fayette Co.) in
      1856. They had four daughters when Valentin died in 1858. He is buried
      somewhere in Fayette Co. we think. Franziska later married Christian
      KOETHER and had two more children, Franz and Augusta. I would like to
      find out if the RECEKs listed as immigrating to Fayette Co. are family of
      Franziska's and why Valentin is listed as Antonin in the Czech
      immigration records. Anyone have any ideas? Anna's sisters married men
      with the names of SCHMEDT (from around the Ammansville/Swiss Alp area),
      KUCK, SEYDLER (lived in High Hill)

      The other side of my mother's family are:

      KRUMM and HRCEK, HRCHEK, HERCHEK, KOTWIG (John)

      John KRUMM immigrated to TX unknown date (he and his brother were
      stowaways) in the 1880s. His brother wound up somewhere in northeastern
      TX whereas John stayed in Yoakum, Concrete, and Hochheim (Yoakum and
      DeWitt Cos.) John married Amalie Anna HRCHEK. Amalie was the daughter of
      John M. HRCEK (later spelled the other ways) and Mollie (maybe Amalia)?
      HERKEL (spelling unknown-just guessing). They had 8 children. Some of
      the names by marriage of Amalie's full siblings are:

      SHULAK,JURACH, TURK

      After Mollie's sudden death in an accident at a mill, John married
      Frances KAHANEK. I would like to find out something about her parentage,
      but there are so many KAHANEKs around that I don't know who her father
      and mother were. John and Frances had an additional 7 or 8 children. From
      marriage, the names I am researching are:

      PARMA, SKREHOT, PECHACEK, BAROS
      .

      Now includes pop-up blocker!
    • J.D. Kotrla-Chipps
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 11, 2004
        My main lines are KOTRLA (176) and VITEK (63), but here are a few of the
        others too:

        -A-

        ADAMEK (1), ADAMKOVA (1), ANDREJCZAK (3)

        -B-

        BALUSEK (1), BARTEK (12), BLAHA (21), BLINKA (1), BRAVENEC (6), BREZINA(1)

        -C-

        CAVANAUGH (3), CERVENKA (11), CHOVANCE (1), CHUDEJ (1)

        -D-

        DLOUHY (1), DROZD (3), DRYMALLA (1)

        -F-

        FOJTASEK (1)

        -G-

        GARZA (2), GUIDA (1)

        -H-

        HOLUB (1), HOLUBEC (2),HORAK (1),HOVADIK (1), HUNKA (3), HUNKOVA (2),
        HURTOVA (1)

        -J-

        JANISKA (1), JANOTA (1), JANACEK (2), JEZEK (47), JIRASEK (1), JURECKA
        (10), JUREK (3), JURINKOVA (1)

        -K-

        KABELA (11), KALCAK (2), KALINCOYOU (1), KAMENCAKOVA (1), KAMINSKI (4),
        KANAK (3), KLIMICEK (8), KLUSACEK (5), KOCIAN (3), KOMANDOSKY (1),
        KOPECKY (1), KOPRIVA (1), KOSLOVSKY (3), KOTRLA (182), KOTRLA-CHIPPS
        (3), KOTRLOVA (1), KOTROLA (19), KOVAR (3), KOVARIK (1), KREJCA (1),
        KREJEC (1), KRISTOF, KROLCGYK (1), KRUPALA (1), KUBALA (7), KUBENA (6)

        -L-

        LASTOVICA (1)

        -M-

        MACHAC (4), MACHALECOVA (1), MALCIK (2), MALEK (1), MAREK (10), MARTINEC
        (1), MARTINEK (28), MATEJKA (1), MATURIA (1),MAZAC (4 MAZOCH (3), MIKUS (6)

        -N-

        NOSKA (1), NOVACKOVA (1), NOVOSAD (5), NOVOSADOVA (1)

        -O-

        ONDREJ GAJDOS (1), ORRICK (1), ORSAK (3)

        -P-

        PACHA (1), PAVELKOVA (1), PECHAL (11), PESCHEL (1), PONCIKOVA (1),
        PSENCIK (5), PUSTKA (1)

        -R-

        REPKA (1), ROMANEK (2), ROZACKA (1), ROZACKY (1)

        -S-

        SAMOHYL (10), SEBEK (1), SEBESTA (2), SIMCIK (10), SIMEK (3), SIMIK (2),
        SIPTAK (1), SKLAR (1), SLACIK (1), SLOVACKOVA (1), SMOAK (1), SMETANA
        (1), SPATZ (1), STANEKOVA (1), STASNY (1), STEFKA (1), STRADEJOVA (1),
        SVOBODA (1), SWINDULL (2), SYPTAK (1), SYPTAKOVA (1)

        -T-

        TRLICA (1), TRLICZA (2)

        -U-

        URBANOVA (1)

        -V-

        VACLAVIK (3), VASICEK (1), VITEK (63), VOLNEY (1)

        -W-

        WOLCIK (3), WOTIPKA (4), WITTEK (15)

        -Z-

        ZARSKOU (1), ZASKODA (4), ZWONEKOVA (1)

        If you are researching any of the above, please contact me @

        jdkc@...

        J.D. Kotrla-Chipps
        Round Rock, Texas
      • Arthur von Rosenberg
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 11, 2004
          Message for J.D. Kotrla-Chipps: what Holubec are you researching? My
          Holubec came from Granger/Taylor area.
          Waiting to hear from you.

          Frances Machu von Rosenberg

          > My main lines are KOTRLA (176) and VITEK (63), but here are a few of the
          > others too:
          >
          > -A-
          >
          > ADAMEK (1), ADAMKOVA (1), ANDREJCZAK (3)
          >
          > -B-
          >
          > BALUSEK (1), BARTEK (12), BLAHA (21), BLINKA (1), BRAVENEC (6), BREZINA(1)
          >
          > -C-
          >
          > CAVANAUGH (3), CERVENKA (11), CHOVANCE (1), CHUDEJ (1)
          >
          > -D-
          >
          > DLOUHY (1), DROZD (3), DRYMALLA (1)
          >
          > -F-
          >
          > FOJTASEK (1)
          >
          > -G-
          >
          > GARZA (2), GUIDA (1)
          >
          > -H-
          >
          > HOLUB (1), HOLUBEC (2),HORAK (1),HOVADIK (1), HUNKA (3), HUNKOVA (2),
          > HURTOVA (1)
          >
          > -J-
          >

          > JANISKA (1), JANOTA (1), JANACEK (2), JEZEK (47), JIRASEK (1), JURECKA
          > (10), JUREK (3), JURINKOVA (1)
          >
          > -K-
          >
          > KABELA (11), KALCAK (2), KALINCOYOU (1), KAMENCAKOVA (1), KAMINSKI (4),
          > KANAK (3), KLIMICEK (8), KLUSACEK (5), KOCIAN (3), KOMANDOSKY (1),
          > KOPECKY (1), KOPRIVA (1), KOSLOVSKY (3), KOTRLA (182), KOTRLA-CHIPPS
          > (3), KOTRLOVA (1), KOTROLA (19), KOVAR (3), KOVARIK (1), KREJCA (1),
          > KREJEC (1), KRISTOF, KROLCGYK (1), KRUPALA (1), KUBALA (7), KUBENA (6)
          >
          > -L-
          >
          > LASTOVICA (1)
          >
          > -M-
          >
          > MACHAC (4), MACHALECOVA (1), MALCIK (2), MALEK (1), MAREK (10), MARTINEC
          > (1), MARTINEK (28), MATEJKA (1), MATURIA (1),MAZAC (4 MAZOCH (3), MIKUS
          (6)

          > -N-
          >
          > NOSKA (1), NOVACKOVA (1), NOVOSAD (5), NOVOSADOVA (1)
          >
          > -O-
          >
          > ONDREJ GAJDOS (1), ORRICK (1), ORSAK (3)
          >
          > -P-
          >
          > PACHA (1), PAVELKOVA (1), PECHAL (11), PESCHEL (1), PONCIKOVA (1),
          > PSENCIK (5), PUSTKA (1)
          >
          > -R-
          >
          > REPKA (1), ROMANEK (2), ROZACKA (1), ROZACKY (1)
          >
          > -S-
          >
          > SAMOHYL (10), SEBEK (1), SEBESTA (2), SIMCIK (10), SIMEK (3), SIMIK (2),
          > SIPTAK (1), SKLAR (1), SLACIK (1), SLOVACKOVA (1), SMOAK (1), SMETANA
          > (1), SPATZ (1), STANEKOVA (1), STASNY (1), STEFKA (1), STRADEJOVA (1),
          > SVOBODA (1), SWINDULL (2), SYPTAK (1), SYPTAKOVA (1)
          >
          > -T-
          >
          > TRLICA (1), TRLICZA (2)
          >
          > -U-
          >
          > URBANOVA (1)
          >
          > -V-
          >
          > VACLAVIK (3), VASICEK (1), VITEK (63), VOLNEY (1)
          >
          > -W-
          >
          > WOLCIK (3), WOTIPKA (4), WITTEK (15)
          >
          > -Z-
          >
          > ZARSKOU (1), ZASKODA (4), ZWONEKOVA (1)
          >

          > If you are researching any of the above, please contact me @
          >
          > jdkc@...
          >
          > J.D. Kotrla-Chipps
          > Round Rock, Texas

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Gilbert Schreiber
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 12, 2004
            Researching:
            SCHREIBER

            My gg-grandfather Fritz Schreiber was born somewhere in Germany in 1863. He
            supposedly immigrated to the U.S. sometime after that. Whether alone or
            with other family members, I am not sure. The 1860 Census records have about
            20 Schreiber families living in and around central Texas. As of yet, I
            haven't been able to find a connection to these other Schreibers. In 1890
            Fritz married Bertha BENGSCH. She was born in 1870. They moved to Lavaca
            Co and started their family. Sketchy family history also has Bertha born
            somewhere in Germany and immigrating to the U.S. but the 1900 census has her
            being born in Texas and her parents born in Germany. Some of the other
            lines include HELWEG,TENBERG, and NEUMANN.

            This was on my dad's side of the family, on my mother's side the main lines
            include:
            CAKA, PETRU, ZOUZALIK, and STRYK.

            Gil Schreiber
            Round Rock, Tx
            Email: gschreiber@...
          • Leroy Janda
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 12, 2004
              Fathers ancestors
              Josef Janda arrived in 1856, his brother Jan ( 2nd great grandfather )
              arrived in 1860 on Jeverland. On the same ship brother Karel (married
              Rosalie Peter daughter of group from 1856), sister Rosalie Janda (m
              Frank Adamcik), sister Mariana (m John Hilsher).

              Also on Jeverland Teresa Kubala ( 2nd great grandmother ) and three
              young sons Johann ( m Karolina Kaspar ), Vincent ( never married ), and
              Karel ( married Cervanka daughter of Elizabeth Janacek sister to
              composer Leos Janacek.

              Mothers ancestors
              Vaclav Stancik, Franz Knapek (Vlkovice, Moravia), Frantiska Malcik
              arriving in 1880's.
            • J.D. Kotrla-Chipps
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 12, 2004
                Leroy Janda wrote:

                > Also on Jeverland Teresa Kubala ( 2nd great grandmother ) and three
                > young sons Johann ( m Karolina Kaspar ), Vincent ( never married ), and
                > Karel ( married Cervanka daughter of Elizabeth Janacek sister to
                > composer Leos Janacek.

                Can you connect with any of these KUBALA?

                http://woptura.com/buffalo.html
              • Leroy Janda
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 12, 2004
                  If the father was Charles Kubala, then yes.