Noodle Recipe

  • epereira@swbell.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2000
      This is the Homemade Noodle Recipe I promised that is used by my mother,
      Olga Susil Petter Jankowiak.
      4 eggs, 2 Tbsp. water, 1/2 tsp. salt (optional) and 2 cups + flour

      Mix eggs and water. Start with 2 cups of flour, add egg mixture and make
      a fairly tough dough. Adding more flour as necessary. Knead until
      elastic, adding more flour as you go. Put dough in an ungreased bowl,
      covered, in warm place for 1/2 an hour. Turn out on a floured counter
      and roll into an oval shape. Try to roll noodles almost paper thin. Then
      place dough on cloth and place near window on table where air can dry
      it. Turn over once. Cut dough n half and again in half. Stack dough and
      cut into strips as you like.
      Mom laughed when I said someone was going to use a branch and she said
      yes she saw
      this done before but she could never do that with all our animals
      around. There wouldn't be any noodles to eat.