Clayton Library Genalogy Seminar Series: Starts Oct 14th

  • FMikula@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2004
      Subj: Clayton Library Seminar Series: Exciting New Class on Techniques of Genealogical Problem Solving with Original Records Starts October 14 at Bayland
      Date: 9/26/04 8:27:16 PM Central Daylight Time
      From: jcvaughanlaw@...
      Sent from the Internet (Details)
      Permission is granted for posting the following announcement on your individual web site for interested persons.
      Dear Friends,

      We are excited to announce that the Clayton Library with support of the Houston Genealogical Forum and Clayton Library Friends is presenting a six-week course

      GENEALOGICAL RECORDS AND PROBLEM-SOLVING TECHNIQUES:
      BREAKING DOWN THE BRICK WALLS

      Classes will be held at Bayland Community Center Thursday evenings from 6:30 to 8:30 beginning October 14, 2004.   A special bonus computer lab session after the six evening classes will be offered at different dates and times at the downtown Houston Library.  Please see the announcement posted on the home page of our website www.hgftx.org.  Link:  http://www.hgftx.org/Data/Document-Library/-2012627347.pdf

      This announcement and registration form may be downloaded from the HGF home page.  Or you may access it through this link:  http://www.hgftx.org/Data/Document-Library/379799452.pdf

      Depending on interest shown, we may offer a course on problem solving techiques involving immigration records and other types of original records, including private records, next spring.

      This program really deserves your support.  I'm hoping everyone who is able and has availability on their schedules Thursday nights this fall, will register and attend the full course.   Marje Harris, Lesley Douthwaite and other highly qualified instructors will be teaching the classes.  This is a very special educational and training opportunity.  If you cannot attend the whole course, you may want to consider enrolling for specific individual sessions.  Please see the announcement flier and the registration form for the dates, registration fees, textbook title and other particulars.

      Please tell your friends, relatives and associates who have shown any interest in genealogy about this class.  It will be splendid.  See you there!

      Jack Vaughan
      jcvaughanlaw@pdq.net
      713-783-0464