Re: October is Czech Heritage Month!

  • Sir John
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2004
      October is the Czech Heritage Month in State of Texas. Any chapters have
      special events going on or signs/newspaper articles posted. The members
      would like to read your comments.

      Below is T. J. Slanky's comments of sign in his front yard and coming Czech
      Heritage Society of Bexas County (San Antonio) coming event, which details
      will be posted soon, we hope.

      > I have my sign from the past two years.I put it out in the front yard. I
      > had a couple persons when they were talking to say, "I see you are Czech"
      >
      > Our local Chapter, Bexar Co. CZ Heritage Soc. will have a Dinner and Dance
      > on Oct. 31st. I will let the Publicity Chairman, Robert Trampota inform
      you
      > of all the details.
      >
      > TJ
      > > _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

      Elaine Gallagher, Ellis County Chapter President, (Ennis, TX) message of
      meeting to be held with the County Commissioners meeting last Monday Sep
      27th to receive proclamation of October being Czech Heritage Month. Frank
      Mikula posted the message for Elaine - thanks Frank. Anyone attending the
      meeting posting the events will be appreciated.

      Subj: Please read
      Date: 9/24/04 9:32:01 AM Central Daylight Time
      From: elaineg@...

      I hope that some or all of you may be able to join me at the Ellis County
      Commissioner's meeting on Monday, September 27...10:00 a.m....second floor
      of the Waxahachie Courthouse on the square. During the regular meet of the
      Commission, County Judge Chet Adams will make a presentation to the Ellis
      County Czech Heritage Society. It will be to proclaim the month of October
      as Czech Heritage Month. If you have questions call me 972-878-6415 or
      e-mail: elaineg@....

      Thanks again to all of you,
      Elaine Gallagher, Pres.
      Ellis County Chapter CHS

      Other chapters have activities? Please let the board know.

      Sir John, Earl of Berkshire
    • watthuber@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 3, 2004
        Last Monday, Paul and I went to the Commissioners Court Meeting and Judge Carolyn Bilski presented me with a Proclamation for Czech Heritage Month for Austin County.

        Dottie Watthuber
        CHS - President - Fort Bend Chapter and Austin County