Re: [TexasCzechs] Searching for Czech or Moravian Coin(s)

  • barbi grl
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 30 1:10 AM
      Hello.
      what you're looking for is probably the hellar.
      but...which hellar you want is something to consider.
      say the current exchange rate is 26 crowns to the
      dollar.
      1 crown = approx 3.8 cents
      1/2 crown (50 hellar) = approx 1.9 cents

      this is still what's in use today.
      before jan 1.2004 or thereabouts, we also used

      1/5 crown (20 hellar) = approx .8 of a cent
      and
      1/10 crown (10 hellar) = approx .4 of a cent

      i would suggest using the 1 crown piece simply because
      if you use anything smaller, it all looks and feels
      like plastic monopoly money.

      the czech republic (bohemia and moravia) use the same
      currency. if there's anything much much older than
      that, it would be expensive to get a hold of i would
      think...

      i've got a ton of coins over here (duh...since i live
      here) but someone who's travelled here must have some
      they took home...?

      leigh

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail