Reminder - Wendish Heritage Fest - Serbin, TX - 26 ...

  • TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 11, 2004

      Wendish Heritage Fest - Serbin, TX - 26 Sep 04

      Date: Sunday, September 26, 2004
      Time: All Day

      Wendish Heritage Festival - Sun, 26 September 2004
      Serbin, TX (5 mi south of Giddings, Lee County.

      The featured perfomers will be Stroebitzer Trachtentanz Gruppe
      from Cottbus, Germany, which represents Lower Lustania. The
      group was founded in 1993 and consists of 24 dancers and a small
      musical group whose common ambition is to share the traditions
      of Sorbische/Wendish culture with the world.

      St. Paul Picnic Grounds

      Noon meal tickets available from 10:45 a.m. till 1:30 p.m.

      Adults $6.00, children 12 and under $3.00.

      The Wendish meal includes sausage, green beans, noodles, beets,
      peaches, bread, and coffee or tea.

      11:15 - 2:15 Kovanda's Czech Band

      2:30-4:30 Featured performance by
      Stroebitzer Trachtentanz Gruppe from Cottbus, Germany

      Coffee Cake Bake-off
      Noodle-making demo: 1:30 PM
      Children's activities

      Wendish Easter Egg Decorating: 10 AM - 3 PM