Obituary of Mary Horak Fojtik

  • rebellous_99
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 8, 2004
      I can't remember if I've posted this obit before, but it's not on
      Steve's site yet.

      Obituary of Mary Horak Fojtik
      Shiner Gazette
      Thurs., 21 Dec 1939

      Another long and useful life came to a peaceful close Sunday at 2:30
      a. m. when Mrs. Mary Fojtik, who had reached the ripe old age of 86
      years, 3 months and 9 days, was called to her eternal reward. Mrs.
      Fojtik, whose maiden name was Mary Horak, had resided in the Shiner
      community most of her long life, having lived here continuously since
      her arrival from Czechoslovakia at the age of 2 years. She was one
      of those good old mothers, who for their honest characters and
      consideration of their fellowmen are becoming too few.

      The funeral was held Tuesday morning at 9 a. m. from the home of her
      daughter, Mrs. Louis J. Balajka near Sunset. Requiem Mass was held
      in the Catholic church, Rt. Rev. Mons. Netardus officiating. He also
      delivered a beautiful sermon in Czech.

      Interment was made in the Shiner Catholic cemetery. A large number
      of relatives and friends were in attendance.

      Pall bearers were: Frank Roznovsky, Matthew Stary, Joe Stary, Adolph
      Novak, Albert Novak and Rudolph Fojtik.

      Mrs. Fojtik is survived by 10 children, 6 daughters and 4 sons, whose
      names are as follows: Mrs. Matt Stary (Josephine) of Yoakum; Mrs.
      John Novak (Clara) of Praha; Mrs. John Prasek (Mary) of Crosby; Mrs.
      Julia Pitz of Yoakum; Mrs. Valenta Roznovsky (Annie) of Shiner, and
      Mrs. Louis Balajka (Christine) of Shiner; Frank Fojtik of Engle, Joe
      Fojtik of Skidmore, John Fojtik of Wharton, and Gus Fojtik of
      Danbury; A sister, Mrs. Chas. Sugarek of Beeville, 59 grandchildren
      and 40 great-grandchildren also survive.

      We extend our sincere sympathy to the sorrowing relatives.