John Zapalac

  • Denise
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3, 2004

      Matt:

      What other information do you have on the John Zapalac who died July 1907?

      I am looking for a John Zapalac who married an Apolina Orzak.  They came from Hrozenkov.  They came to the US through Galveston with their child Apolina Caroline Zapalac in 1855.  Apolina Caroline Zapalac was born November 15, 1852 in Hrozenkov.  She married John Horak on January 18, 1870 and died June 4, 1944.

      Do you know if your John Zapalac is the same as my John Zapalac?

      Denise

    • rebellous_99
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 2004
        Denise,

        The John Zapalac that I have in my files was born 26 Nov 1877 in
        Novohrad, Lavaca County, Texas. He married Mary Barbara Hajek on 13
        Nov 1898 in Praha, Fayette County, Texas. They had four children:
        William "Willie"; Anna; Julie; and John Ladik. There is actually a
        file in the files section of this group on the descendants of John
        Zapalac and Mary Hajek if you wish to view it. I wish that I had
        more information for you, but this is not my direct line. Mary Hajek
        was the daughter of John Hajek and Johanna Bucik. Jamie Bucek of
        this group is researching the same Bucik family from which Johanna
        comes.

        Matt

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 3, 2004

          Thanks Matt.  Just thought I’d give it a try.