San Antonio Express Writers

  • jbucek2001
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 2, 2004
      I need to identify the names of two writers who wrote articles for
      the San Antonio Express. They were a husband and wife team. Her
      first name may have been Bonnie. They wrote feature articles about
      different communities in the area. I need to find an article they
      wrote about Filip Bucek in the 1960's. The article said Filip Bucek
      was first buried in the Praha Cemetery. Later he was buried in the
      Velehrad Cemetery. St. Mary's Church does not have any burial
      records for the last four months of 1877.

      Thank you.

      Janie Bucek
    • FayeLee39@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 9, 2004
        Hello Janie;

        I might suggest you first contact Expressnews and see if they have any info on these writers.
        You can do this on the internet at www2.mysanantonio.com/aboutus/expressnews/archive/

        If you can get a closer date on this article in 1960, I can do some looking in the old micro fiche files at the Library for you, the next time I'm down there. But I need a closer date in 1960, so that I don't have to look through too much film.

        Let me know if I can be of help.

        Cullis
      • jbucek2001
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 11, 2004
          Cullis,

          I e-mailed the San Antonio Express this past summer and did not get a
          responce from them. You can only get articles from their archives
          that go back to 1990. I was told the article about Filip Bucek was
          written in the mid sixties. It could have been written during
          another time period. The couple who gave me the information were
          probably in their eighties. I thought if I could get the name of
          the writers, I would have an easier time finding the article. I know
          this article will be hard to find.

          Thanks for your help. If you have any other suggestions, please
          contact me.

          Janie Bucek
        • jcarter733@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 11, 2004
            Try Bonnie and Zeke McCormick.  I think they were a husband and wife team at the Express-News
          • jbucek2001
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 13, 2004
              --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, jcarter733@a... wrote:
              > Try Bonnie and Zeke McCormick. I think they were a husband and
              wife team at
              > the Express-News

              Thanks for the information. You made my day! Now I will have an