Czech e-mail address

  • Illonam@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 6, 2004
      Ahoj!
      Since I have tried AOL several times without any results, I will ask this list about a problem I have encountered sending e-mail to the Czech Republic, specifically one address.  The domail is seznam.cz.

      There are several of you who seem to be very computer savy.  Could any of you guess at why they can receive my mail, but I cannot receive from them?  I have completely turned off my Spam filter now trying to see, if that helps.  It is not helping so far.

      Any guesses or suggestions would be appreciated.

      Have a great week!
      Illona Morris
    • Sir John
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 6, 2004
        Illiona.

        Suggest you type out your email address in a message to your friends, asking they be sure your address is typed as you sent to them.  Be sure they are using the US language setting on their keyboard through their computer so no CZ characters might be typed in addressing your name.

        Ask AOL for help if all else fails.  May be they had received high volume of Spam/virus in messages from Sezam and have blocked the site.  I could not receive messages from a cousin in Oklahoma couple years ago.  Checked with my local ISP and they had blocked the Oklahoma site.  They removed the block and I started getting messages again.

        Sir John, Earl of Berkshire
        Subject: [TexasCzechs] Czech e-mail address

        Ahoj!
        Since I have tried AOL several times without any results, I will ask this list about a problem I have encountered sending e-mail to the Czech Republic, specifically one address.  The domail is seznam.cz.

      • barbi grl
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 14, 2004
          also...seznam.cz is like yahoo.cz. SOOOO many people
          have accounts. and i've had friends who have just
          gotten rid of the seznam account due to problems
          they've had...

          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail