Posting Messages 101 - Refresher class

  • John L. Mikeska
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27, 2000
      Maybe we have the third goof and these problems will now stop. And sure
      enough, it was yours truly!!!!

      (1)When your are on the menu with tabs <GENERAL> and <DETAILS> at the top,
      and you are on the General Menu, I had said if the word eGourps is not in
      the senders name, the message was not posted to the complete group. NO NO,
      don't depend on this. Go to the <DETAILS> tab and start down the lines one
      by one until you see FROM and then senders message. IF eGroups is in that
      line, the message was posted to everyone in the group.

      I went thru several messages last night and my original statement seemed
      true. However, I received one this morning that appeared to go private,
      but was posted to the group! Use the above to be sure.

      (2) When highlighting the senders name and address by holding he left
      mouse button down and moving the mouse, if you are on the left edge of the
      message, move the mouse to the right instead of to the left. IF you
      placed the cursor on the right end of the address, you can move it to the
      left.

      Sorry about all this.

      Sir John, Earl of Berkshire
      ICQ 48955956