Out for the count for awhile

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2, 2004

      Hey Guys

      I will be out for the count for awhile.  I don’t know how long.

      My daughter downloaded a malware about 1 month ago and I have worked on it for about 3 to 4 weeks.

      Then turned it over to a computer programmer at work for 2 days.

      This thing has completely embedded itself on my desktop computer.  Hijacking my browser, disabling Norton,

      Plus many other things.    It is no longer safe to use, I might end up passing it to someone.  (Don’t worry this letter is not

      From the desktop computer.)

      I feel I will have to uninstall everything on my desktop and re-load the entire system.

      So, I don’t know how long this will take, or how much it will cost.   I will be out until you hear from me.

      God Bless

      Steve

    • Melinda Sims
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 3, 2004

        Steve and group,

        My web browser was hijacked, also.  Apparently, I visited some website and wham it happened.  My husband is an IT professional and the thing was a major pain.  I was so angry that I researched who developed the hijacking worm and demanded that their website be terminated.  Unfortunately, they were located in Malaysia, so it was a wasted effort.  Sometimes, things just aren’t right.

        Good luck,

        Melinda Sims

        Katy, Tx

        Svetlik, Otto, Benes, Peter(s)

        I will be out for the count for awhile.  I don’t know how long.

        My daughter downloaded a malware about 1 month ago and I have worked on it for about 3 to 4 weeks.

        Then turned it over to a computer programmer at work for 2 days.

        This thing has completely embedded itself on my desktop computer.  Hijacking my browser, disabling Norton,

        Plus many other things.    It is no longer safe to use, I might end up passing it to someone.  (Don’t worry this letter is not

        From the desktop computer.)

        I feel I will have to uninstall everything on my desktop and re-load the entire system.

        So, I don’t know how long this will take, or how much it will cost.   I will be out until you hear from me.

        God Bless

        Steve

      • J.D. Kotrla-Chipps
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 3, 2004
          If you just reinstall, it will reformat the drive and save you the
          trouble of uninstalling, everything gets wiped out when you reformat.

          Steve wrote:

          > Hey Guys
          >

          > I will be out for the count for awhile. I don’t know how long.
          >

          > My daughter downloaded a malware about 1 month ago and I have worked on
          > it for about 3 to 4 weeks.
          >
          > Then turned it over to a computer programmer at work for 2 days.
          >

          > This thing has completely embedded itself on my desktop computer.
          > Hijacking my browser, disabling Norton,
          >
          > Plus many other things. It is no longer safe to use, I might end up
          > passing it to someone. (Don’t worry this letter is not
          >
          > From the desktop computer.)
          >

          > I feel I will have to uninstall everything on my desktop and re-load the
          > entire system.
          >

          > So, I don’t know how long this will take, or how much it will cost. I
          > will be out until you hear from me.
          >

          > God Bless
          >

          > Steve

          > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
          > <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1293bplnd/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=groups/S=1706337062:HM/EXP=1088923926/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http://companion.yahoo.com>

          http://woptura.com/buffalo.html
        • George Hons
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 3, 2004
            Hello Group:

            Today using a computer is not like it was several years ago. You have to protect your self from spyware, adware, malware, virus, worms, popups and what is to come. Computers are almost given away at Wal-Mart and Dell and many people are buying computer with no knowledge of using a computer but are excited to surf the World Wide Web everyone is talking about. They get on the Web and download all these free download for the computer and soon their computer come to almost a stop. One of my customer had a the Sasser worm and I had the fix for but the CD-Rom would not run. Why because the computer was so full of Spyware that the computer was doing all kind of things using the RAM up -  it could do nothing but lock up. Luckily I had Spyware removal programs on a USB Jump Drive and I was able download onto the computer and remove much of the Spyware. I put the CD in and ran the Sasser removal tool and it was like a cloud lifted from the computer and it was running like new.

            If anyone is interested I have several link to download program that will protect your computer. The nice thing they are free to use and work very well. Email me privately and I will send you those links.

            Thank you,

            George Hons
            GSC Computers
            Researching Malik and Hons

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 6, 2004
              Steve, must be contagious.
              I am down and out due to the isp terminating a week early. They went
              out of business, so as soon as we get a new isp, then will be back in
              business.