5 Dead Mikeskas in Nelsonville

  • Richard Garza
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 9, 2000
      Hi All,
      I've got 5 dead Mikeskas in the Susen Cemetery in Nelsonville, Austin
      Co, Tx, and no where to put them. 2 indicate they came from Zadverice;
      Veronika M., b. Nov 1836 (any idea what her maiden name was?)
      Jiri M., b. Oct 1837
      Then I've got 3 Mikeskas buried in the same enclosure with 3 Uhriks, as
      follows:
      Jan M., Rozina M., & Rosa M.
      beside
      John U, b. 1855, d. 1912
      Frances U, b. 1858, d. 1916
      and Willie U, b. 1899, d. 1994

      Does anyone know the connection between the Uhriks and the Mikeskas and
      where the Mikeskas emigrated from?
      Any help greatly appreciated.

      Sharing. It's What It's All About!
      Rick Garza
      http://www.garza-zattler.homepage.com/
      NameSearch: GARZA, ZATTLER, REYNA, FOSTER, SCHACHTNER, STOPFER,
      HOLLMAIER, VOGEL, VOGL, WEINZIERL, FINK . . . and more to come!

      Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
    • SUGAREK%BILBO@uthscsa.edu
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 9, 2000
        Hi,
        I just had to read this e-mail. Didn't know whether it was the voting
        roll from a South Texas town or what. (Sorry I was raised on South Texas
        politics and tend to be a bit of a skeptic). Anyway, contact Sir John and if
        he can't help you, I'll bet he can give you Jan Mikeska's address in the CR.
        Jan's family is from Zadverice (as is mine). Best wishes. Nancy Sugarek
      • Richard Garza
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 9, 2000
          Hi Nancy,
          Thanks for the tip.
          Rick

          On Mon, 09 Oct 2000 13:01:43 -0500 (CDT) SUGAREK%BILBO@...
          writes:
          > Hi,
          > I just had to read this e-mail. Didn't know whether it was
          > the voting
          > roll from a South Texas town or what. (Sorry I was raised on South
          > Texas
          > politics and tend to be a bit of a skeptic). Anyway, contact Sir
          > John and if
          > he can't help you, I'll bet he can give you Jan Mikeska's address in
          > the CR.
          > Jan's family is from Zadverice (as is mine). Best wishes. Nancy
          > Sugarek

          Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
          http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
        • John L. Mikeska
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 9, 2000
            Richard,

            Posting to the group as several have commented about these Mikeska's.
            Actually, Brett Mikeska, Conroe, TX might have more info than I have
            since some are his great grandparents. Info I have is from Brett
            Mikeska, who received info and a chart from Dr. Jan Mikeska, Prague,
            CR