PODANY, PODANE, BOYBRUD, LERKA, LEOPOLD, NOWOTNY, MANKOWSKA, CZYKOV

  • roeht@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2000
      Researching: PODANY, PODANE, BOYBRUD, LERKA, LEOPOLD, NOWOTNY,
      MANKOWSKA, CZYKOV

      I copied the following from an older post I found of my aunt's on a
      Czech geneology site. (I hope she doesn't mind.) Does anyone here
      have any connections or information on the people mentioned? Francis
      Josephine Podany was my gr. grandmother.

      Robin Tamez

      "I am researching the Podany(Podane) family. Franz (Frank) Podany
      born in Bohemia. I have a copy of a baptismal certificate of my
      ancestor: According to the baptismal record book of the Parsonage of
      Plzen, page 17, folio 119, in the village of Dechtern, in the
      governmental district of Budweis in Bohemia on March 28, 1842, a
      child, Kathrina Boybrud was born to Catholic parents and baptized in
      the presence of her godparents, Laurenz Lerka, farmer in Dechtern no.
      5 and his wife Maria. The baptism was preformed by the priest, Father
      Ferdnand Leopold, according to the Catholic rites. the child is the
      legitimate daughter of Johann Nowotny, citizen of Liniph and Anna,nee
      Mankowska of Liniph. Certified at Plzen, July 23, 1873 Johann Czykov
      Pastor Frank & Kathrina married in Bohemia and came to Texas in 1873
      with tow daughters Annie 6 and Mary Dell 3. I am trying to find any
      records, birth, census, marriage or ? about the Podany family. I
      would love to know who Frank's parents were. Thank you for your time
      and effort."