Czech Map in 1800''s

  • Sir John
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 4, 2004
      Members,

      Few weeks ago there were comments about Bohemia, Moravia and Slovakia and
      possibly some may not have understood the boundaries, etc. Attached is a
      copy I made from some book in the Texas State Library, Austin. Hope this
      helps some members..

      Sir John, Earl of Berkshire
    • Loretta Wotipka-Riely
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 7, 2004
        Thank you so much for this map.  I had no idea these regions were so small.

        Loretta Wotipka-Riely

        Sir John <jlmikeska@...> wrote:
        Members,

        Few weeks ago there were comments about Bohemia, Moravia and Slovakia and
        possibly some may not have understood the boundaries, etc.  Attached is a
        copy I made from some book in the Texas State Library, Austin.  Hope this
        helps some members..

        Sir John, Earl of Berkshire

        > ATTACHMENT part 2 image/jpeg name=Czech1850s.jpg
      • barbi grl
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 14, 2004
          hello all!
          my parents finally made it to europe for a two week
          visit - mainly in the Cz.Rep., but also a short bit in
          Germany as well.
          for a brief outline of our excursions (i HOPE i get
          this in the right order as i dont have my notes with
          me!!):
          the first weekend we rented a car and left prague to
          first hit Kutna Hora - Sedlec to see St. Barbora's and
          the Ossuary.
          from there we passed through Litomysl - birthplace of
          smetana, and saw a beautiful castle there. bought some
          great crystal and lace!
          we also went thru Opava where we stayed our first
          night and toured a bit the next day.
          thru ostrava-kind of, on to Dolni Hermanice where my
          father's family (the Darilek's) came from. went to the
          church/cemetary, got some photos. it was raining, mom
          and i head back to car, dad - one more loop. as this
          happened, he ran into the church organist/lead singer
          and she was coming up for a wedding that afternoon.
          she said we could sit upstairs and watch the
          wedding!!! that was a great experience! then after, we
          met friends of hers for prune buchty (like a covered
          kolac). i have some great pics of the inside of this
          church! this is PROOF that you can't just a book by
          it's cover!
          then...off we go to Celadna - where mother's family is
          from. found the church/cemetary. walked through, but
          nothing as exciting happened except for a small
          showcase of some antique cars driving through. very
          impressive! i have images of this town as well :)
          from there, we head off to Kromeriz the next day. hit
          the castle, check out some beautiful art in the castle
          museum, and head on back to prague.
          i will try to get the pictures added to my website for
          y'all to view SOON!!!

          then the next weekend, we visited my brother in
          germany. saw King Louie II 's insanely beautiful
          castle near the austrian border (it has a CAVE built
          into one of the rooms!!!) and then to Munich and
          visited the Hofbrau Hous (i think that's the
          spelling!) and then to Dachau (place of one of the
          concentration camps). ...great trip all in all.
          got lots of pics from this as well!

          it was a great trip - especially across moravia and to
          the roots of it all :) had to share, if just brief for
          now...

          cheers,
          leigh

          http://messenger.yahoo.com/
        • Willie Petruy
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 14, 2004
            Leigh:

            Enjoyed your trip experiences. I have visited in Europe & the
            C.R. 13 times in the past 14 years. I will attend a young lady cousins
            wedding a month from now near Prague. I have relatives in Havirov,
            Kromeriz and several other towns.

            Willie Petruy