Re: [TexasCzechs] Re: Looking for a Czech clerical person in the Corpus Christi area

  • Mary J Heard
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 3, 2004
      That tradition was observed by the Moravians here in Texas also. My
      grandmother, the third daughter in a family of 8 daughters and 4 sons was
      the first in the family to have a white wedding dress and veil. She was
      married in Burleson County in 1870. Her younger sisters also were married
      in white. The two older daughters had a very nice black dress that "was
      suitable for wearing to other events" where a "nice" dress was expected.

      Mary JKH
      mjhawhjr@...