Re: Looking for a Czech clerical person in the Corpus Christi area

  • werephish@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 3, 2004
      Getting back on topic, one Wendish tradition was for the bride to be
      dressed in black, to symbolize the harsh struggle in life ahead.
      This traidtion has fallen out of use, but who knows, maybe you could
      give it some recognition by say black ribbon around the bouquet or
      something?
    • Mary J Heard
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 3, 2004
        That tradition was observed by the Moravians here in Texas also. My
        grandmother, the third daughter in a family of 8 daughters and 4 sons was
        the first in the family to have a white wedding dress and veil. She was
        married in Burleson County in 1870. Her younger sisters also were married
        in white. The two older daughters had a very nice black dress that "was
        suitable for wearing to other events" where a "nice" dress was expected.

        Mary JKH
        mjhawhjr@...