Re: Genealogy Book Recommendations, Prosím

  • ford4free2002
    Message 1 of 6 , May 9, 2004
      Ahoj Leanna,

      I stopped reading the replies, and I hope that I am not repeating.
      Find birth and death records of family for names of parents.
      Usually courthouses of birth or death area will provide copies for a
      very small fee.

      Courthouses can also provide applications for citizenship,
      immigration records, land purchases, etc. Be creative, but make
      sure it is in the right county!

      If you are trying to locate point of origin and you don't want to go
      to CZ, then make a posting on MyCzechRepublic.com. There are a
      bunch of folks in the old country who love to help.

      Once you have found town of origin, send the CZ a request for
      research of the names you have and beyond. Be sure to get the right
      forms, try emailing the CZ embassy in New York. They are always
      very helpful. It will cost a few dollars, I have done 3 searches
      and have spent $36 US.

      Goodluck in your search and use the person's advice who said write
      down all that you remember about the family and the names. Do it
      over a period of time, cause they come back over time.

      Na Shledanou, BM