Arbeiter

  • Twyla Hruska
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2000
      Recently found ship that my grandfather Jan Hruska came over on and
      it listed his profession as "Arbeiter." I can't seem to find the
      definition of this word. Does anyone know what it means?
    • Willie Petruy
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2000
        My German dictionary defines arbeiter as (male)worker; workers
        C. Petruy

        Twyla Hruska wrote:

        > Recently found ship that my grandfather Jan Hruska came over on and
        > it listed his profession as "Arbeiter." I can't seem to find the
        > definition of this word. Does anyone know what it means?

      • kallina
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 1, 2000
          Arbeiter, is a German word for laborer or worker. Hope this helps.

          Twyla Hruska wrote:

          > Recently found ship that my grandfather Jan Hruska came over on and
          > it listed his profession as "Arbeiter." I can't seem to find the
          > definition of this word. Does anyone know what it means?

        • Frances Kay Nelson
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 1, 2000
            Twyla,
             Can you give me the name of that ship and what year did it arrive in the states? I am still looking for connections to my Hruska line.
            Kay