RE: [TexasCzechs] Texas Dewberries

  • DFC
    Message 1 of 10 , May 1 2:27 PM

      Nan,

      I believe that I have wild dewberry vines that come up everywhere like weeds.  At least I have been told that is what they are.  I can’t seem to stop them from growing here.  Even when I think I have pulled out the roots, they still  seem to come back.  Anyway, I would be glad to stick some plants in a box and send them to you.  As tough as they are, they should make the trip just fine.  My only concern is if it is O.K. to send them to California.  California seems to have many regulations that most other states don’t have.

      Doris

      Killeen, TX

      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 22, 2004
        Doris,
        I have many happy childhood memories of dewberry cobblers & dewberries in milk. They are unlike any other berry I have have ever eaten in that they don't have seeds & are sweet. After you eat them, you get spoiled & other berries cannot compare. If you have more to share I sure would like to have some as well.
        .
        I believe that I have wild dewberry vines that come up everywhere like weeds.  At least I have been told that is what they are.  I can’t seem to stop them from growing here.  Even when I think I have pulled out the roots, they still  seem to come back.  Anyway, I would be glad to stick some plants in a box and send them to you.  As tough as they are, they should make the trip just fine.  My only concern is if it is O.K. to send them to California.  California seems to have many regulations that most other states don’t have.

        Doris

        Killeen, TX

        I just wish I could get some dewberry plants to see if they would grow here in humid San Diego.  They don't sell the plants here or anything made with dewberrys.

        Nan

        ==> Most computers are infected with SPYWARE. Check yours for free at http://YourSpySweeper.com/ * FREE spam killer: http://eliminatespam.com * FREE PopUp Buster+: http://popupbuster.net
      • DFC
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 26, 2004

          Hi Debra,

          I will be more than happy to send you some dewberry plants.  That’s one thing I never seem to be short of.  Send me a personal email with your address to dofrco@....

          My offer still stands to anyone else in our group.

[...]

        • Harvey Stavinoha Jr.
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 26, 2004
            Doris I would appreicate it if you could send me some plants. My address is
            Harvey J Stavinoha Jr
            21427 Wild Jasmine Ln
            Katy, TX 77450
            ph# 281 448 5256

            DFC <dofrco@...> wrote:

[...]

            Do you Yahoo!?

          • Karen Marek
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 26, 2004
              Hi Doris,

              I would also appreciate some plants. My dad has a wonderful place in
              the country that would be perfect for dewberries. My address is:

              Karen Marek
              235 Meadowlark Dr.
              Wylie, TX 75098
              ph# 214-727-0393

              >>> hjstavinoha@... 07/26/04 03:26PM >>>
              Doris I would appreicate it if you could send me some plants. My
              address is
              Harvey J Stavinoha Jr
              21427 Wild Jasmine Ln
              Katy, TX 77450
              ph# 281 448 5256

              DFC <dofrco@...> wrote:

              v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}o\:*
              {behavior:url(#default#VML);}w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}.shape
              {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
              Hi Debra,

              I will be more than happy to send you some dewberry plants. That's
              one thing I never seem to be short of. Send me a personal email with
              your address to dofrco@....

              My offer still stands to anyone else in our group.

              Doris

              I just wish I could get some dewberry plants to see if they would grow
              here in humid San Diego. They don't sell the plants here or anything
              made with dewberrys.

              Nan

              Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT