Re: [TexasCzechs] Czech Moravian Brethren in Shiner info

  • Elaine Malina
    Message 1 of 9 , May 1, 2004
      I have a listing of all of the plots at the cemetery.  Next to Pavel Kracala is Tomas Hurta, 29 April, 1838- 18 December 1908 and Anna Hurta 29 November 1837- 19 August 1923.  They are on row 4.  On row 3 are Albina Hurta 7 April 1872- 26 August 1972, Thomas Hurta 9 October 1867 - 15 March 1944, Mary Hurta 22 January 1884 - 12 December 1853, John Hurta 13 December 1875 - 19 December 1945.  On row 5 are Frank and Mary Hurta infant- no date/s and Bernard Hurta (Jan and Mary Hurta) infant 28 November 1909.
      Message 2 of 9 , May 1, 2004
        Elaine,

        I have about as many Hurtas' you listed, but not hits.  Sure hope you information helps someone on the list.

        I, as you, was impressed with the upkeep of the cemetery.  Sight of the church by itself in the country side impressed me, too.

        Sir John, Earl of Berkshire
        Sent: Saturday, May 01, 2004 3:50 PM

        I have a listing of all of the plots at the cemetery.  Next to Pavel Kracala is Tomas Hurta, 29 April, 1838- 18 December 1908 and Anna Hurta 29 November 1837- 19 August 1923.  They are on row 4.  On row 3 are Albina Hurta 7 April 1872- 26 August 1972, Thomas Hurta 9 October 1867 - 15 March 1944, Mary Hurta 22 January 1884 - 12 December 1853, John Hurta 13 December 1875 - 19 December 1945.  On row 5 are Frank and Mary Hurta infant- no date/s and Bernard Hurta (Jan and Mary Hurta) infant 28 November 1909.

      • Patricia Mercincavage
        Message 3 of 9 , May 1, 2004
          Elaine,
          Thanks for replying with your wonderful information.  I did not have time on that quick visit to keep a record of those around my gggrandpa Pavel.  My sister and I celebrated and cried when we finally found him after so many years of wondering where he was.  Then we had to move on, because our flights home were waiting.  We'll be back though!!
          Pat Mercincavage

          Message 4 of 9 , May 1, 2004
            You are welcome.  My mother-in-law, Angelyn Malina, gave me this list and the history of the Shiner Brethren Church and Cemetery.  Until 2003 she kept the cemetery mowed and weeded with the help of friends and family. However, at the age of 89, it is was too difficult for her to continue.  A plea went out from newly composed cemetery committee, made up of people who have ancestors buried at the cemetery, for contributions to the "Shiner Brethren Cemetery Fund."   Most of the members of the Shiner Brethren Church are elderly; therefore, someone must be hired to do the maintenance.  Ms. Annelle Kutac, 3225 W. State Hwy. 111, Yoakum, TX 77995 is handling the donations. If anyone in this group has an ancestor buried there, they might consider making donation.