Obituary of John Matula

  • Matt Cross
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 26 1:04 PM
      Obituary of John Matula
      Hallettsville Herald
      Tues., 30 Dec 1924

      Death of John Matula

      It is with sorrow and regret that we again chronicle the death of one of
      our highly esteemed citizens, John Matula, who died at his home in Ezzell,
      Saturday night, aged 66 years.
      The funeral was held from the late residence Monday morning at 10 o�clock
      with services at the Catholic church of Koerth after which interment was
      made in the Catholic Cemetery at Koerth, Father G. Kuratko conducting the
      last sad rites.
      Deceased leaves to mourn his death three sons and five daughters, other
      relatives and a large circle of friends.
      Mr. Matula had been a resident of Lavaca County almost all his life and has
      always been identified as one of its best citizens. He has many friends
      over the county who will regret to learn of his death. To those who are
      bereft of their loved one we extend sympathy.

      Submitted by Larry Berkenhoff
      Posted by Matt Cross

      Note: Great-great grandfather of Megan Martin

      Message 2 of 3 , May 2, 2004
        >matt. is this my cousin or relative in some way? i noticed the name of who
        >submitted it

        -Rochelle

        >Obituary of John Matula
        >Hallettsville Herald
        >Tues., 30 Dec 1924
        >
        >Death of John Matula
        >
        > It is with sorrow and regret that we again chronicle the death of
        > one of
        >our highly esteemed citizens, John Matula, who died at his home in Ezzell,
        >Saturday night, aged 66 years.
        > The funeral was held from the late residence Monday morning at 10
        > o'clock
        >with services at the Catholic church of Koerth after which interment was
        >made in the Catholic Cemetery at Koerth, Father G. Kuratko conducting the
        >last sad rites.
        > Deceased leaves to mourn his death three sons and five daughters,
        > other
        >relatives and a large circle of friends.
        >Mr. Matula had been a resident of Lavaca County almost all his life and has
        >always been identified as one of its best citizens. He has many friends
        >over the county who will regret to learn of his death. To those who are
        >bereft of their loved one we extend sympathy.
        >
        >Submitted by Larry Berkenhoff
        >Posted by Matt Cross
        >
        >Note: Great-great grandfather of Megan Martin

        >Lose those love handles! MSN Fitness shows you two moves to slim your waist.
        >http://fitness.msn.com/articles/feeds/article.aspx?dept=exercise&article=et_pv_030104_lovehandles
        >

        >Remember: You can alway set your account to Digest Mode for less mail.
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links
        >

        >---
        >Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.
      • rebellous_99
        Message 3 of 3 , May 2, 2004
          Rochelle,

          Larry Berkenhoff is related to you. His great-great-grandfather was
          August/Gustav Berkenhoff.

          His line of descent is: August/Gustav Berkenhoff > Henry Bernard
          August Berkenhoff > Gustav Berkenhoff > Gustav "Gus" Berkenhoff >
          Larry Berkenhoff.

          Your line of descent is: August/Gustav > Frederica Berkenhoff
          Pechacek > Otto Pechacek > Delores Pechacek Bubenik > Roger Bubenik >
          Rochelle Bubenik.

          Therefore, you and Larry are third cousins once removed.

          Matt

          --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, Rochelle Feeney <rochelle@a...>