Czech Village History Books: Jitka's TxCz Group Search

  • Judy Vondra
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 20, 2004
      I am in the process of printing everybody's emails. I will take these emails with me so I can keep up with all the village books. I also plan to leave behind the TexasCzech Yahoo Group list web address. Therefore we may have new friends on this list.

      Due to the large number of books requested there may have to be money paid up front. I will let you know for sure later on. Either that or I will have to cut down on the Astros games. *grin*

      Since it is no secret that I love helping others, I have had another brainstorm idea......

      Email me your family surnames, birthdates and villages you are searching for. Include your mailing address and email address. No need for phone numbers. Please do not include your family members that were born in Ameriky, as our kinfolk will not know of these people. I will leave these info sheets with the churches, mayor's office, etc. Please keep your family sheet short enough to be one sheet of paper. It will be easier for me to keep up with.
      Notice how I listed in CAPS the surname and village to make it easier to find in the stack of papers I will have. I also left my contact information under each region or surname. I did this so I could tear off that surname info when I need to leave Wondra in one county and Rosenbaum in the other county. But please try to make it fit on one page. Example:

       WONDRA/ VONDRA          PASOVICE BOHEMIA
      Josef Wondra d/o/b/ 1800      Pasovice
      Vojtech Wondra DOB 1840   Pasovice #6
      Jan Koubek                              Hosty #56
      Rosalia Koubek                       Hosty
      Jitka Vondrova
      c/o Judy Vondra
      PoBox 44
      Lovelady Tx 75851 U.S.A.

      VEVERKA/ ROSENBAUM    BOHEMIA
      Anna Veverkova                      Austria to Texas
      Josef Rosenbaum                   Beroun Broumy  to Texas
      Jitka Vondrova
      c/o Judy Vondra
      PoBox 44
      Lovelady, Tx 75851 Ameriky

      CERMAK                                VODERADY
      Vojtech Cermak 4/12/1763     Voderady
      Matej Cermak 1845                  Zalsi   to Cleveland Ohio
      Linda Skalicky Moore
      Latexo, Tx 75835 Ameriky

      I will help all that time allows. Flood me with those emails. : O
      Thanks,
      Jitka Vondrova = Judy Vondra

    • Joe Garrison
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 20, 2004

        Judy, wow -what a challenge/favor you've taken on.  I manage you will get flooded with letters.Please keep mine in mind also. If you find a place you can leave my info. or if you can get the books for my village/family - I will send you money in advance.

        My family: Jaluvka of Mnisi, Moravia

        Jakub Jaluvka born 5-20-1854 in Mnisi, Moravia- House #20-came to Amerika married Mary Olsovsky born 1862.

        Jakub Jaluvka - Born 4-16-1817 in Mnisi, Moravia-House #20-County Mistek until 1869 (now called Novy Jicin)-married Johana Pustejovsky born 10-2-1821 in Mnisi - House #46

        Jan Pustejovsky born 6-13-1779 Moravia - married 5-4--1806; to Mariana Klosik born 8-19--1784 in Mnisi- House #36 died 1846 in Mnisi - House #46

        Mathous Pustejovsky born 9-15-1728 in Mnisi, married 7-14-1765 Pribor, Moravia to Barbara Nemac born about 1721 , died 1806 in House #30.

        Jakub Jaluvka - born 1770 - in Mnisi, Moravia - married 2-6-1798 - married Magdalena Polasek born 1778 -daughter of Jan Polasek.

        Martin Dvorak/Pustejovsky born 11-10-1689 in Pustejov, Moraavia, died in Mnisi - married Barbara Holub in Mnisi

        Vaclav Dvorak/Pustejovsky born 1655 Pustejov, Moravia married Judita ?

        Babara Holub - born in Mnisi, father Vaclav Holub, born in Mnisi, Moravia

        Please send any information:  Myrna Garrison - 216 Taylor - Springfield, Arkansas 72157

        E-mail: garrisonfarms @...

         Thank you,

        Myrna (Jalufka) Garrison
        Researching: Jaluvka, Olsovsky, Stavinoha,

      • Joe Garrison
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 20, 2004

          All of my relatives were from Mnisi, Moravia

          I would love to contact someone there now:

          If anyone knows how I could do that I would really appreciate hearing from you.

          I would especially love one of those history books.

          Thank you,
          Myrna (Jalufka) Garrison
          Researching: Jaluvka, Olsovsky, Stavinoha, Atkinson, Holland, Taylor, Powhatten, Hamilton

          >From: "Judy Vondra" <vonward@...> >Reply-To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com >To: <TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com> >Subject: [TexasCzechs] Czech Village History Books: Jitka's TxCz Group Search >Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 08:53:42 -0500 > >I am in the process of printing everybody's emails. I will take these emails with me so I can keep up with all the village books. I also plan to leave behind the TexasCzech Yahoo Group list web address. Therefore we may have new friends on this list. > >Due to the large number of books requested there may have to be money paid up front. I will let you know for sure later on. Either that or I will have to cut down on the Astros games. *grin* > >Since it is no secret that I love helping others, I have had another brainstorm idea...... > >Email me your family surnames, birthdates and villages you are searching for. Include your mailing address and email address. No need for phone numbers. Please do not include your family members that were born in Ameriky, as our kinfolk will not know of these people. I will leave these info sheets with the churches, mayor's office, etc. Please keep your family sheet short enough to be one sheet of paper. It will be easier for me to keep up with. >Notice how I listed in CAPS the surname and village to make it easier to find in the stack of papers I will have. I also left my contact information under each region or surname. I did this so I could tear off that surname info when I need to leave Wondra in one county and Rosenbaum in the other county. But please try to make it fit on one page. Example: > > WONDRA/ VONDRA PASOVICE BOHEMIA >Josef Wondra d/o/b/ 1800 Pasovice >Vojtech Wondra DOB 1840 Pasovice #6 >Jan Koubek Hosty #56 >Rosalia Koubek Hosty >Jitka Vondrova >c/o Judy Vondra >PoBox 44 >Lovelady Tx 75851 U.S.A. >vonward@... > >VEVERKA/ ROSENBAUM BOHEMIA >Anna Veverkova Austria to Texas >Josef Rosenbaum Beroun Broumy to Texas >Jitka Vondrova >c/o Judy Vondra >PoBox 44 >Lovelady, Tx 75851 Ameriky >vonward@... > >CERMAK VODERADY >Vojtech Cermak 4/12/1763 Voderady >Matej Cermak 1845 Zalsi to Cleveland Ohio >Linda Skalicky Moore >Latexo, Tx 75835 Ameriky >lindamoore@... > >I will help all that time allows. Flood me with those emails. : O >Thanks, >Jitka Vondrova = Judy Vondra >

          MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page � FREE download!
        • George Patrick
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 21, 2004
            Hi Myrna,
            I don't have any information for you but I would like to remind everyone in the group of how you started with us.  I remember your first posting.  If I recall, you were a little ole Czech girl married to a non-Czech dude who had moved you off to the distant hills of Arkansas.  You had very little information about your Czech ancestory but you did have a large curiousity.  From your last couple of postings, it appears that you have come a long way in discovering your roots.  You are an example for everyone, especially those who are new to the group.

            This is wishing you many new, happy discoveries.

            George

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 29, 2004

              Flooded is not the word. I am still swimming here in emails. ; ) But I have almost got them grouped together. Everything is printed and i am slowly answering everybody's emails. The family information ya'll are sending is great. I love the ones with the house #'s included. Hopefully I can visit these houses and take pictures to send back to everyone. I am hoping to take my digital and laptop so I can send daily pics over to the list. I didnt get as many requests off this list as i had hoped to. This list being my favorite of the ones I am subscribed to. Hopefully I will be able to send pictures to many people. Although I would rather have more house #'s from folks.  And if you have a picture of your family that was taken over in Czech, send me a copy if you can. I will need that if I get to talk to your families.
              Thanks to everybody and hopefully I will send your emails soon.
              Judy / Jitka

              Message 6 of 6 , May 3, 2004

                I am just so jealous.  How I can't think of a more awesome trip.
                I really appreciate your willingness to help us all out.