Louis Wick Murder 3/29/2003

  • Ray J. Bacak
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 18 2:23 PM
      "Hi, My name is Megan Martin.
      I was wondering if anyone here has any information about the Wick and Jurena families. I have been wanting to find out more about them, but i have no clue as where to even start.

      My grandfather is Louis Wick.       d. 3/29/2003"

      Megan, I'm sure you have this news, but thought others would be interested.  Will condense:

      The Moulton Eagle, 4/15/2004:

      "Voan Pleads Guilty, Receives 80-year Sentence for Sweet Home Murders

      A plea agreement offered by District Attorney W. A. "Bud" Kirkendall, was accepted by the lawyers representing Bryan Andrew Voan, 21, bringing to an end a yearlong wait for justice by relatives of Louis Wick and his daughter, Darlene Knezek.

      In the agreement, Voan plead guilty to two counts of capital murder, and was sentenced to two 40 year state prison terms.

      Voan, of North Richland Hills, and a 15-year old female of Haltom City, entered the Wick home near Sweet Home on March 29, 2003.  During a robbery of the home, Voan shot and killed Louis Frank Wick, 85, and his daughter, Darlene Knezek, 53, of Corpus Christi.

      The girl is a minor under Texas law and her name cannot be released for publication, unless she is certified as an adult.

      "I think Judge Peschal has a date set sometime this month, to bring her case to court," said Kirkendall."

    • Andikat@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 18 7:56 PM
        Hi.  Would the Moulton paper happen to be online?  I'm from Gonzales and enjoy reading about the surrounding towns.  I do frequently read some of the Victoria Advocate online which has some coverage of that area along with the Gonzales Inquirer.

        Thanks.
        Andrea Novak

        In a message dated 4/18/04 4:29:22 PM Central Daylight Time, rjbacak@... writes:

        Megan, I'm sure you have this news, but thought others would be interested.  Will condense:

        The Moulton Eagle, 4/15/2004:
      • txaccent
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 31, 2008
          I was so glad I was able to finally find out what happened in the
          trail portion of this case. Although I would still like to know what
          happened to the teen girl. I hold the Knezek family (and thorugh
          stories heard the Wick family) near and dear to me in my heart and
          think of them always.

          Laura

          --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Ray J. Bacak" <rjbacak@...>