OBIT: Lydia Mraz Dvorak

  • Ray J. Bacak
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 16 7:36 AM
      Victoria Advocate Online:

      Lydia M. Dvorak

      E-mail Story to a FriendPrinter Friendly
      April 16, 2004

      YOAKUM - Lydia Mae Dvorak, 64, of Yoakum, died Wednesday, April 14, 2004.

      She was born April 6, 1940, in Sweet Home, to the late Joe and Lydia Cora Hempel Mraz. She was a member of the Yoakum American Legion Auxiliary Post 395 and was president of the Yoakum VFW Auxiliary Post 2456. She was a homemaker and member of St. Joseph Catholic Church.

      Survivors: husband, Daniel John Dvorak; daughter, Sharon Hairell of Yoakum; sons, Dennis Dvorak of Lake Jackson and Danny Dvorak of Yoakum; sister, Marie Hart of El Campo; brothers, Willie Joe Mraz of Clinton, Mo., Roger Mraz of Yoakum, Roy Mraz of Pasadena, and Johnnie Ray Mraz of Plantersville; and four grandchildren.

      Preceded in death by: one granddaughter.

      A rosary will be recited 7 p.m. tonight at Buffington Funeral Home chapel.

      Services will be 1 p.m. Saturday at St. Joseph Catholic Church, the Rev. Roger Hawes officiating.

      Burial will be at Salem Cemetery. Buffington Funeral Home, Yoakum, 361-293-2333.

      Memorials: donor's choice.

    • AMANDA DUSEK
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 16 11:17 AM
        Does anyone know anything about the Dusek Family. I know in 1900 my great great grandfather and his children came into Galveston, TX and they excaped a big flood there and moved to East Bernard TX.  I am trying to do some research on my family. I know they came here from Chekeslovakia (I know I spelt that way wrong I am sorry). If anyone knows anything aboust the dusek family or if you happen to know of any good avenues i go through to search my family tree.

        Thanks,

        "Ray J. Bacak" <rjbacak@...> wrote:
[...]

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • J.D. Kotrla-Chipps
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 16 7:32 PM
          I have very limited information on the DUSEK line.

          Theresa DUSEK, b.abt 1900, married to Edwin Chlapek.

          They had a daughter, Dorothy Mae Chlapek who married Jerry Johnnie Pechal.

          At this point I have no dates, or places on any of this.

          Hope it helps.

        • Robert and Tracy Dusek
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 18 8:41 PM
            --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, AMANDA DUSEK <texasliv4@y...>
            wrote:
            > Does anyone know anything about the Dusek Family.

            As someone else has already mentioned, there are several Dusek
            families in Texas that are not closely related, if at all. My
            father's family, most of whom are in the Victoria area, traces to
            Ludvig Dusek. On vacation last summer, I found a number of Dusek
            gravestones in, I think, Ammonville near Schulenberg. None of those
            names matched any in my father's records. When I lived in northern
            California a few years ago, I attended a church pastored by a Gary
            Dusek whose family was from the Chicago area. So I guess my point is
            simply that there are a bunch of us around. I hope you find the ones
            you're looking for.

            Robert Dusek
            rdusek@...
          • billeckfamily
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 1, 2005
              Does anyone have any info on the following family? I need to make
              sure that this is the right John Kovar family.

              My records show that Frances Shimek's parents were John Kovar and
              Anna Krupa. The only JOhn Kovar that I can find in the same area in
              the census is as follows:

              John Kovar, born 1863
              Anna, wife, 1865
              Joseph, son, 1886
              John, son, 1890
              Emil,son, 1894
              Henry, son, 1896
              Rudolf, son, 1900
              Albina, daughter, 1903
              Robert, son, 1907

              The census shows the parents being born in Aus/Bohemia. John Kovar
              came over in 1884 and Anna in 1885.

              This family lived in the Engle area and adopted at least 2 - 3 more
              children; a daughter, Francis, a son Frank, and possibly a daughter
              named Anna. There is an Anna Kovar in the census and she's living
              in her employer's home and it shows her coming over in 1907.
              Francis' records show her coming over in 1907 also and there is a
              picture in her belongings of an Anna Kovar.

              Does anyone else have this family in their line?
            • John Rebecek
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 2, 2005
                Don't know if this will help but there are some Krupa's in the Rowena area. I don't recall his first name but he owned the H&H grocery store in Rowena and has family still living there.

                billeckfamily <billeckfamily@...> wrote:
[...]

                http://mail.yahoo.com

              • Dolores Miller
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 2, 2005
                  There were some Krupa's in Dime Box.  Frances Krupa Polansky is  from Dime Box - she resides at St. Joseph's Village in Bryan.  Her sister Ann Krupa Rice lives in a small town near Bryan.  Frances was a school teacher in the Irving Schools and later headed up the Special Education Program for all of the public schools in Irving.  There are a number of Kovars in Taylor. Patsy Kovar Bartosh lives on Howard St, Taylor.  Her father,Edwin Kovar,  now deceased, owned the Fallstaff Distributorship in Taylor.for many years. Hope this helps..

                  John Rebecek <johnrebecek@...> wrote:
[...]

                  Discover Yahoo!
                • Terri Billeck
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 2, 2005
                    Thank you for your help. This family is so hard for
                    me to research. I received an obit for the brother,
                    Francis Joseph Kovar. It stated that he was an
                    ex-POW and was survived by his sister, Marcie Martin.
                    I know that there was also a sister, Annie (Anna).

                    The only census info that fits this info is in the
                    1930 census: John D. Kovar age 48; wife Francis (2nd
                    wife) age 48; Frank age 20; Effie age 15; Isabell age
                    13; Angeline age 12; Kleophus age 10; Marciana age 8.
                    But I can't find this particular family in any prior
                    census, even though it shows them coming over in 1892.

                    I also showed a Jon Covar in the 1900 census and they
                    lived next door to the Shimeks. (My Frances Kovar,
                    born abt. 1896 married a Shimek) but a later census
                    showed her coming in 1907, so I don't know if this
                    family was related to the John D. Kovar family.

                    None of my dates seem to be consistant with other
                    documentation.

                    Terri

                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                  • Patricia Mercincavage
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 3, 2005
                      Terri,
                      This John Kovar family also appears in the 1920 census, Fayette County, Plum Township.  It shows Frank, Francis, Genavefa, Isbella, Andella, and Cleofash as the children.  Just thought you might like to know, hope this helps.

                      Patricia Mercincavage
                      Great Falls, VA

> [...]

                      > The census shows the parents being born in
                      > Aus/Bohemia.  John Kovar
                      > came over in 1884 and Anna in 1885.
                      >
                      > This family lived in the Engle area and adopted at
                      > least 2 - 3 more
                      > children; a daughter, Francis, a son Frank, and
                      > possibly a daughter
                      > named Anna.  There is an Anna Kovar in the census
                      > and she's living
                      > in her employer's home and it shows her coming over
                      > in 1907.
                      > Francis' records show her coming over in 1907 also
                      > and there is a
                      > picture in her belongings of an Anna Kovar.
                      >
                      > Does anyone else have this family in their line?
                      >

                      > Remember: You can alway set your account to Digest
                      > Mode for less mail.

                      > protection around
                      > http://mail.yahoo.com
                      >
                      > Remember: You can alway set your account to Digest

                      http://mail.yahoo.com

                      Help save the life of a child.  Support St. Jude Children's Research Hospital's
                      'Thanks & Giving.'
                      http://us.click.yahoo.com/8HGP.B/5WnJAA/a8ILAA/mMKtlB/TM

                          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/