Bluebonnets in Ennis

  • fowler_patricia
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2004
      Hi,

      If you are driving the some of the 40 miles of bluebonnet trails in
      Ennis, we have some pretty ones. My front yard on Lone Oak Road is
      covered, not quite as full as last year but in a week or so, they
      should be really in full bloom. The fragrance is wonderful. Van
      will have his old 1951 Farmall Super C (restored) in the yard as
      well as an old John Deere he just acquired three weeks ago
      from 'Creechville Silnice' at the south end of Lone Oak Road.

      Both of these tractors have farmed many fields of cotton, corn, and
      grain over their lifetime; the JD has been on a Czech farm all its
      life.

      I even have some maroon bluebonnets hidden where they cannot be
      seen. These have to grow away from the blue ones so I had to plant
      them in another location. I hope to get those going and get some
      plants out front one day.

      Happy in the Bluebonnet fields,
      Pat