Obituary of Grant Grabarkewitz

  • Matt Cross
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3 7:38 AM
      Obituary of Grant Grabarkewitz
      Austin American-Statesman Online

      Grant Ryan Grabarkewitz

      Family-Placed Obituary

      Grant Ryan Grabarkewitz, born on November 18, 2003, died peacefully in his
      parents arms on Tuesday, March 30, 2004.

      Grant was born with severe congenital heart disease and was able to spend
      eight weeks at home before undergoing open heart surgery at Children's
      Hospital of Austin. Even with all of the extremely wonderful care Grant
      received in the past ten weeks, it became evident that this world was just
      too much for his little body. Grant's life on earth was very short; but his
      accomplishments are more profound than can be imagined. Grant has shown
      Mommy and Daddy a side of our hearts we did not know well. Grant established
      a home town for his brother and sisters by bringing this community together
      for his family's sake. He did everything with love and introduced us to
      neighbors we will cherish forever. Most of all, Grant has cleared a path to
      Heaven for his family that will be followed until we meet again.

      Grant is survived by his parents, Clark and Shannon Grabarkewitz; twin
      sisters, Reagan and Mackenzie; and big brother, Brock. He is also survived
      by grandparents, Debbie and Garry Brugger of LaGrange and Teddy and Trisha
      Grabarkewitz of Richland Springs; and one great- grandmother, Beatrice
      Brugger of LaGrange. Grant has lots of aunts and uncles, Heather and Steven
      Zbranek of Austin, Mike Brugger of Austin, Sami and Mark Eddleton of Austin,
      Lauri Grabarkewitz of Bastrop, Teddy and Kim Grabarkewitz of Luling, and
      Carl and Tricia Hubanek of Georgetown; cousins, Jordan, Jillian, Jake,
      Wesley, Steven, Peyton, Devon, Tyler, Lacey, Trevor, and Rylee. Grant is
      also survived by many great- aunts and uncles; second cousins; and many
      honorary aunts, uncles, and cousins.

      The family will receive guests for visitation from 5:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m.
      on Friday, April 2, 2004, at Cook-Walden/Davis Funeral Home in Georgetown.
      Graveside services will be held on Saturday, April 3, 2004, at 11:00 a.m.
      Wesley Chapel Cemetery with Pastor Dennis Attabaugh. Serving as honorary
      pallbearers will be Jeffrey Tuck and Brock Grabarkewitz.

      The family requests memorial contributions may be made to: Pediatric ICU c/o
      Children's Hospital of Austin, 1 Children's Place, 1400 N IH35, Austin,
      Texas 78701. Words of comfort may be shared with the family at
      www.cookwalden.com

      Tax headache? MSN Money provides relief with tax tips, tools, IRS forms and
      more! http://moneycentral.msn.com/tax/workshop/welcome.asp