Bluebonnet Time in Texas - April 2004

  • richardgarza1@juno.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 2, 2004
      Hi All,
      This is for Tomaš and those of you who've never seen Bluebonnet
      Time in Texas, as well as for those of you who just love Spring in Texas.
      I took the attached photo last Saturday in Nelsonville, facing across the
      street toward the Chernosky property. Notice the the blue hill, covered
      solid in bluebonnets. And the perfume is unbelievable.
      Y'all have about two weeks left to take your kids and grandkids
      to the old homestead and show them just how beautiful the Czech Lands of
      Texas are at Springtime!
      Rick Garza

      .
    • Melinda Sims
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 2, 2004
        Rick,

        I didn't know if it was appropriate to post the bluebonnet pictures to the
        group, but since you started it -- I am going to add to it.

        The bluebonnets and other wildflowers are very beautiful this year. Last
        Sunday, our family had to go to Hallettsville for the funeral of my Uncle
        Victor Svetlik. (The obit was posted on the group.) On the way back, we
        stopped in Schulenburg and took the attached pictures of our daughter,
        Maribeth in the flowers. (I had my husband look thru all of the flowers for
        snakes, before I would allow Maribeth in them.) A lot of people have
        commented that the flowers look so perfect that it looks like Maribeth is in
        a fake scene. Anyway, I hope those of you who are not fortunate enough to
        be able to physically see the bluebonnets and other wildflowers enjoy the
        pictures.

        Thanks,
        Melinda Sims
        Katy, Tx
        Svetlik, Otto, Benes, Peter(s)
      • George Patrick
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 2, 2004
          Hope you enjoy these. They are a fair example of how beautiful they are this
          year. And Paintbrushes +Blankets. Hope to have some myself before the end of
          the month.Dewberry vines blooming too. Love ya, Mom

        • Nangotoo@aol.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 27, 2004
            Very pretty, Rick. I have seen it before, but its always pretty.  Our CA lupines look the same and will be beautiful this year if the weather was right.  I love seeing the wildflower colors mix.  Our lupines grow in the same places as the CA Orange Poppy and the yellow wildflowers grow and they are gorgeous together.

            Nan
          • Nangotoo@aol.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 27, 2004
              >>Dewberry vines blooming too. <<

              Now THAT"S something I wish we had in CA !!!!!!   Oh yum, dewberry jelly and jam.  Heaven in a jar.  Oh well, we have boysenberries, blackberries, strawberries and all sorts of fruit and berries. I just wish I could get some dewberry plants to see if they would grow here in humid San Diego.  They don't sell the plants here or anything made with dewberrys.

              Nan
            • DFC
              Message 6 of 10 , May 1, 2004

                Nan,

                I believe that I have wild dewberry vines that come up everywhere like weeds.  At least I have been told that is what they are.  I can’t seem to stop them from growing here.  Even when I think I have pulled out the roots, they still  seem to come back.  Anyway, I would be glad to stick some plants in a box and send them to you.  As tough as they are, they should make the trip just fine.  My only concern is if it is O.K. to send them to California.  California seems to have many regulations that most other states don’t have.

                Doris

                Killeen, TX

                I just wish I could get some dewberry plants to see if they would grow here in humid San Diego.  They don't sell the plants here or anything made with dewberrys.

                Nan

              • Debra Zwahr
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 22, 2004
                  Doris,
                  I have many happy childhood memories of dewberry cobblers & dewberries in milk. They are unlike any other berry I have have ever eaten in that they don't have seeds & are sweet. After you eat them, you get spoiled & other berries cannot compare. If you have more to share I sure would like to have some as well.
                  .
                  I believe that I have wild dewberry vines that come up everywhere like weeds.  At least I have been told that is what they are.  I can’t seem to stop them from growing here.  Even when I think I have pulled out the roots, they still  seem to come back.  Anyway, I would be glad to stick some plants in a box and send them to you.  As tough as they are, they should make the trip just fine.  My only concern is if it is O.K. to send them to California.  California seems to have many regulations that most other states don’t have.

                  Doris

                  Killeen, TX

                  I just wish I could get some dewberry plants to see if they would grow here in humid San Diego.  They don't sell the plants here or anything made with dewberrys.

                  Nan

                  ==> Most computers are infected with SPYWARE. Check yours for free at http://YourSpySweeper.com/ * FREE spam killer: http://eliminatespam.com * FREE PopUp Buster+: http://popupbuster.net
                • DFC
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 26, 2004

                    Hi Debra,

                    I will be more than happy to send you some dewberry plants.  That’s one thing I never seem to be short of.  Send me a personal email with your address to dofrco@....

                    My offer still stands to anyone else in our group.

[...]

                  • Harvey Stavinoha Jr.
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 26, 2004
                      Doris I would appreicate it if you could send me some plants. My address is
                      Harvey J Stavinoha Jr
                      21427 Wild Jasmine Ln
                      Katy, TX 77450
                      ph# 281 448 5256

                      DFC <dofrco@...> wrote:

[...]

                      Do you Yahoo!?

                    • Karen Marek
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jul 26, 2004
                        Hi Doris,

                        I would also appreciate some plants. My dad has a wonderful place in
                        the country that would be perfect for dewberries. My address is:

                        Karen Marek
                        235 Meadowlark Dr.
                        Wylie, TX 75098
                        ph# 214-727-0393

                        >>> hjstavinoha@... 07/26/04 03:26PM >>>
                        Doris I would appreicate it if you could send me some plants. My
                        address is
                        Harvey J Stavinoha Jr
                        21427 Wild Jasmine Ln
                        Katy, TX 77450
                        ph# 281 448 5256

                        DFC <dofrco@...> wrote:

                        v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}o\:*
                        {behavior:url(#default#VML);}w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}.shape
                        {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
                        Hi Debra,

                        I will be more than happy to send you some dewberry plants. That's
                        one thing I never seem to be short of. Send me a personal email with
                        your address to dofrco@....

                        My offer still stands to anyone else in our group.

                        Doris

                        I just wish I could get some dewberry plants to see if they would grow
                        here in humid San Diego. They don't sell the plants here or anything
                        made with dewberrys.

                        Nan

                        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT