Re: [TexasCzechs] Warning! Not from MicroSoft!

  • John L. Mikeska
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 16, 2004
      Members,

      After all the posting I made yesterday on two messages appearing to be from Microsoft, I failed why NOT to open them.  They contain virus in each message!!!!

      I wonder how I'll do when I get old(er) LOL   Sorry I failed to make the comment yesterday.

      Sir John, Earl of Berkshire
      Sent: Monday, March 15, 2004 12:23 PM
      Subject: [TexasCzechs] Warning! Not from MicroSoft!

      Hi Members,

      Sir John back!  Want to remind out members that Microsoft DOES NOT send messages regarding to run "the attached file for virus protection".  Microsoft does not, never has, and probably never will send such messages.

      There is a new message I've seen yesterday and today appearing from Microsoft with subject of Critical Upgrade.  If you right click on the message, the drop down menu shows file was sent from Microsoft.com.  DON'T FALL FOR THIS!  Clicking on the Details Tab, you will find the message was sent by a person from the CZ (Czech Rep).  However, I bet the person whose name is shown did not actually send that message.  DELETE THE MESSAGE WITHOUT OPENING IT.

      The other message, appearing from Microsoft, with subject of Use This Patch Immediately has been circulating for months, but some newbies may be tempted to open it.  DON'T OPEN IT - delete the message by pressing the delete key.  This file also shows it is from Microsoft on first blush, but from the Details tab, shows message from RU, Russia.  Again, no telling where it is actually from.

      Be careful, keep you computer operating, and prepare to attend the April 3rd (believe that date is correct) CHS meeting in West, TX.

      Sir John, Earl of Berkshire

      ---