Visit to the Krasna Cemetery

  • Gerri Martisek
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 15 4:47 PM
      Yesterday, my husband and I took a trip to Wallis to visit relatives and
      attend an American Legion meeting/birthday event. Before we went to the
      meeting we took a side trip. I had been wanting to "find" the Krasna
      Cemetery. I have known of its existance for quite some time and even
      have a few distant relatives buried there.

      I could only remember that it was on Dusek and knew that it was farther
      down the road from the Guardian Angel Catholic Cemetery in Wallis. So
      off we go on our adventure. We found it with no problem. It was
      raining, but we ventured out anyway. The only reason that my husband
      was so agreeable was that I told him that some of his relatives were
      possibly buried there. Lovine Martisek Kulhanek is his cousin. She was
      the representative from the Krasna Cemetery who was at the ceremony in
      October when it became a Historical site. We did find the gravesite of
      Glenn's uncle and aunt (John Martisak and Tonie Dujka). Also, other
      Dujka relatives right along the road. Other much older graves were at
      the back near the fence line. I want to go back to find my great
      grandfather's grave (John Viaclovsky).

      This visit lead to more web searching today and in one of those searches
      I came upon the following link. This is a life story of Rosalie and
      Paul Dujka as told by their grand-daughter Lovine Martisak Kulhanek.

      Though it is about 16 pages long, I hope you spend the time to read and
      enjoy. For our family, it reveals a lot about the times and events of
      the Krasna/Wallis community.

      The link takes you to the site about the Dujka brothers -- The tradition
      continues. Farther down the page is a a link to The Paul and Rosalie
      Dujka Story.

      http://www.dujkabrothers.com/bio.html

      To me it is fascinating.

      Hope you enjoy!!