Genealogy Research

  • werephish@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2004
      Sorry if tihs is the wrong place to do this, but I am new and
      couldn't find an email address to send this to.

      We found your website informative. We had relatives come over on
      the Bark Weser, captained by J.G. Poppe, departed Bremen 3/17/1872,
      and arrived in Galveston on 5/5/1872. We would appreciate any
      information you have on the line, company, or owners of this
      vessel.

      Thank you very much for your time and any help you can give.

      Sincerely,
      Donald Hilscher
      (werephish@...)
    • George Patrick
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2004
        What you need to do is do a search for the Galveston Seaport Museum. Then
        click on the immigration database.They will require to get a password, but
        will explain how.
        Happy hunting
        George of Austin
        > Sorry if tihs is the wrong place to do this, but I am new and
        > couldn't find an email address to send this to.
        >
        > We found your website informative. We had relatives come over on
        > the Bark Weser, captained by J.G. Poppe, departed Bremen 3/17/1872,
        > and arrived in Galveston on 5/5/1872. We would appreciate any
        > information you have on the line, company, or owners of this
        > vessel.
        >
        > Thank you very much for your time and any help you can give.
        >
        > Sincerely,
        > Donald Hilscher
        > (werephish@...)

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Russell Gibson
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 1, 2004
          Message
          Donald,
          Here is some spec's for the Weser  according to Leo Baca's Czech Immigration Passenger Lists Vol 1.
          Net Tonnage: 1995
          Length: 344.5 ft
          Width: 40.0 ft
          Depth 33.8 ft