OBIT: Mary Ann Walleck Kurtz

  • Ray J. Bacak
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 29, 2004
      Victoria Advocate Online:

      Mary Ann Kurtz

      E-mail Story to a FriendPrinter Friendly
      February 29, 2004

      PORT LAVACA - Mary Ann Walleck Kurtz, 69, of Port Lavaca, died Friday, Feb. 27, 2004.

      She was born March 6, 1934, in Shiner, to the late Edwin and Hattie Riha Walleck. She was a retired accounting clerk and finance manager, working 30 years for the City of Port Lavaca. She was a member of Our Lady of the Gulf Catholic Church, Our Lady of the Gulf Altar Society and the KJZT.

      Survivors: husband, Rudy Kurtz Jr.; daughters, Debbie Hinojosa of Louisiana, Sharon Kurtz and Pam Kurtz, both of Port Lavaca; sons, Alois "Al" Kurtz of Port Lavaca and Gary Kurtz of Damon; sisters, Jeanette Willoughby of Center and Sylvia Valerio of Katy; brother, Dennis Walleck of Dallas; and nine grandchildren.

      Preceded in death by: sister, Bernadette Walleck; brothers, Edwin "Sonny" Walleck Jr. and George Walleck; and grandson, Christopher Blake Kurtz.

      A rosary will be recited at 7 p.m. tonight at Richardson-Colonial Funeral Home chapel.

      Services will be 10 a.m. Monday at Our Lady of the Gulf Catholic Church.

      Burial will be 12:30 p.m. Monday at Shiner Catholic Cemetery. Richardson-Colonial Funeral Home, Port Lavaca, 361-552-2988.

      Memorials: Hospice of South Texas.