Re: [TexasCzechs] Czech Language classes

  • Jake
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 1, 2004
      Thanks Joe. I will go check in Taylor this week.

      Jake
    • Jake
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 1, 2004
        I don't remember seeing it in the last ACC catalog I had,but I may have missed it. Thanks for another great tip Frances.

        Jake
      • Leroy
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 3, 2004
          Kristen,

          Check out our www page, it has info on our language class.
          http://www.czechs.org

          Kristen Koncaba wrote:
          how about in san antonio? anyone know of classes around here?
          kristen

          Joe Janecka <a0010631@...> wrote:
          Hi gang,

          I've been following Frank Mikula's postings with great interest,
          especially when he talks about learning and preserving the Czech
          language.

          Well, Tom Regmund and I are starting up the Czech language classes
          again here in Ft. Worth. Here are the details:

          When: Classes start Tuesday, Feb 3, 2004 at 6:00-8:00 pm
          The classes will meet every Tuesday for 12-15 weeks.

          Where: R. D. Evans Recreation/Community center at 3242 Lackland Rd.
          It is between I-30 and Camp Bowie on the west side of Lackland. Just
          south of Ridgemar mall. More or less at the golf course. Red brick
          with arches in front. There is signage in front about golf only or
          some such, but the director there assured me that all parking there is
          for the community center. We will meet in the South room.

          Cost: The classes are free. Only expense will be your effort. No
          books are required, however, a Czech-English dictionary would be
          helpful. Bring a pencil and paper to take notes.

          This is a beginner's course. I will be teaching the course and I'm no
          expert. I plan to keep it fairly simple.

          For further information, e-mail Tom Regmond at: regmundt@...
          or Joe Janecka at: a0010631@...

          We hope to see you there.

          Na Shledanou,
          Josef

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          To visit your group on the web, go to:

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          Do you Yahoo!?

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • FCP FCP
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 4, 2004
            I KNOW that  the University of Texas at Austin offers Czech Classes ... I am not sure if they can be audited ...you might check it out as a source  ...Also would be interested to know if anyone has info Mrs. Jacobson, she was the Head of the Czech dept in the late 60's and early 70's...She was a great human being and Professor...   Frank Payne (Slovak, Gerhart, Stepan, Tomanec)

            Frances Barton <fbarton@...> wrote:
            Austin Community College used to have a Czech conversation class. I haven't checked a recent class schedule but perhaps they are still offering it. Frances

            Joe Janecka wrote:
            On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 15:51:31 -0600, you wrote:

            I live in Elgin. Does anyone know of language classes in my area?

            Jake

            My son attended a Czech class in Taylor a couple of years ago.  Maybe
            they still have one there.

            http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
            http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/mMKtlB/TM

          • richardgarza1@juno.com
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 4, 2004
              Hi Frank,
              Mrs. Jacobson died a few years ago. Sorry, I can't remember the
              date. All I remember is that a bunch of CHS members went to a memorial in
              Austin.
              Rick Garza

              On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 10:17:26 -0800 (PST) FCP FCP <fcp5money@...>
              writes:
              I KNOW that the University of Texas at Austin offers Czech Classes ... I
              am not sure if they can be audited ...you might check it out as a source
              ...Also would be interested to know if anyone has info Mrs. Jacobson, she
              was the Head of the Czech dept in the late 60's and early 70's...She was
              a great human being and Professor... Frank Payne (Slovak, Gerhart,
              Stepan, Tomanec)

              .

              Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
            • FCP FCP