George: Ancestors of Alvin B. Zapalac?

  • Steve Alvarez
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2004
      George

      I think Alvin is part of this family.  I have not research this section yet. If you look at the obit some of these people show up.  I have an Agnes marring a Lamar.  Also I have an obit which shows Albina marrying twice, which seems to fit with her two last names. ( Gajewski and Hammond)  I also have an Ignac Zapalac.  So some of the pieces look good, but to me there is not enough proven data to add him to the family

      One of the holes  is I show his Father, Frank married to an Amalie Pavlicek not Mary Chovanec, of course Frank could have re-married or something along those lines.

      Part of Obit:

      He was preceded in death by his parents; sisters, Agnes Lamar, Mary Bielec, Stephanie Chovanec, Martha Trojanowski, Mollie Smidovec, Clara Zapalac, Gertrude Zapalac and Albina Gajewski Hammond; and brothers, Ignac, August and Frankie Zapalac.

      Descendants of Frank Zapalac

      Generation One

           1.  Frank1 Zapalac married Amalie Pavlicek, daughter of Ignac Pavlicek and Frances Lezak.

           Children of Frank1 Zapalac and Amalie Pavlicek were as follows:

                                    2           i.     Stettic2 Zapalac.

                                    3          ii.     Agnes Zapalac married Frank Lamer.

                                    4         iii.     Amalie Zapalac.

                               +   5         iv.     Ignac Frank Zapalac, bornJanuary 11, 19 09 ; married Stephina Lezak.

                               +   6          v.     Albina Florence Zapalac, born September 16, 19 14 in Sealy, Texas ; married August Joseph Gajewski.

      Generation Two

           5.  Ignac Frank2 Zapalac (Frank1) was born January 11, 19 09 ;  he married Stephina Lezak, daughter of Frank Lezak and Aloisie Buchala,October 29, 19 35 in St. Mary's Catholic Church, Frydek , Texas ;  he died February 27, 1979 at age 70.

           6.  Albina Florence2 Zapalac (Frank1) was born September 16, 19 14 in Sealy, Texas ;  she married August Joseph Gajewski, son of Stashislaus Gajewski and Victoria Pyka;  she died November 10, 2003 at age 89.

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 24, 2007
        Maybe you can help me too with a Zapalac. I am a grandson of Lidwina
        Agnes Zapalac who was the daughter of Joseph Zapalac and Agnes Zubena
        which I found was really, Anezska Kubena. But that is where it
        ends... I cant find anymore Zapalac family history before that. What
        I am after is Joseph's father and what village the Zapalac's were
        from. Let me know if someone has any information.

        Mike Morlan
        --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Alvarez" <salvarez@...>
        wrote:

        > George
        >
        > I think Alvin is part of this family. I have not research this
        section yet. If you look at the obit some of these people show up. I
        have an Agnes marring a Lamar. Also I have an obit which shows
        Albina marrying twice, which seems to fit with her two last names. (
        Gajewski and Hammond) I also have an Ignac Zapalac. So some of the
        pieces look good, but to me there is not enough proven data to add
        him to the family

        > One of the holes is I show his Father, Frank married to an Amalie
        Pavlicek not Mary Chovanec, of course Frank could have re-married or
        something along those lines.

        > Part of Obit:
        >
        > He was preceded in death by his parents; sisters, Agnes Lamar, Mary
        Bielec, Stephanie Chovanec, Martha Trojanowski, Mollie Smidovec,
        Clara Zapalac, Gertrude Zapalac and Albina Gajewski Hammond; and
        brothers, Ignac, August and Frankie Zapalac.

        > Descendants of Frank Zapalac
        >

        > Generation One
        >

        > 1. Frank1 Zapalac married Amalie Pavlicek, daughter of Ignac
        Pavlicek and Frances Lezak.

        > Children of Frank1 Zapalac and Amalie Pavlicek were as follows:
        >
        > 2 i. Stettic2 Zapalac.
        >
        > 3 ii. Agnes Zapalac
        married Frank Lamer.

        > 4 iii. Amalie Zapalac.
        >
        > + 5 iv. Ignac Frank Zapalac,
        born January 11, 1909; married Stephina Lezak.

        > + 6 v. Albina Florence
        Zapalac, born September 16, 1914 in Sealy, Texas; married August
        Joseph Gajewski.

        > Generation Two
        >

        > 5. Ignac Frank2 Zapalac (Frank1) was born January 11, 1909;
        he married Stephina Lezak, daughter of Frank Lezak and Aloisie
        Buchala, October 29, 1935 in St. Mary's Catholic Church, Frydek,
        Texas; he died February 27, 1979 at age 70.

        > 6. Albina Florence2 Zapalac (Frank1) was born September 16,
        1914 in Sealy, Texas; she married August Joseph Gajewski, son of
        Stashislaus Gajewski and Victoria Pyka; she died November 10, 2003
        at age 89.

        Terms of Service.

        > Remember: You can alway set your account to Digest Mode for
        less mail.

        of Service.

        > Remember: You can alway set your account to Digest Mode for less
        mail.

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Service.

      • Pat Lyon
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 24, 2007
          The Zapalac surname is common is Novy Hrozenkov, possibly also Hovezi, a nearby village. There are a number of Zapalac's peppered throughout my family tree but without family ties to put them together.

          Pat Lyon
        • George Patrick
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 24, 2007
            Mike,
            I'm not an expert on the Zapalac line but  because i have a direct line ancestor who was a Zapalac i do have some interest--and, lots and lots of questions!  From what little I know it appears to me that the majority of Zapalacs are from the John (Jan) Zapalac  ancestor who arrived in Texas around 1870.  These family lines seem to be well documented by several researcher on the Texas Czech line.  There are, however, some Zapalac  names that appear in earlier documents, beginning around 1855.    These are the ones who many of us find in our genealogy that just don't seem to fit into the later lines?  Some mistakes in spelling also leads to some more confusion.  In a couple of new messages I would like to send you a  little information demonstrating  what I am trying to say.  Usually, when this discussion comes up several folks jump in so I hope they will add to the answer of your question?

            George

            wrote:

            > George
            >
            > I think Alvin is part of this family. I have not research this
            section yet. If you look at the obit some of these people show up. I
            have an Agnes marring a Lamar. Also I have an obit which shows
            Albina marrying twice, which seems to fit with her two last names. (
            Gajewski and Hammond) I also have an Ignac Zapalac. So some of the
            pieces look good, but to me there is not enough proven data to add
            him to the family

            > One of the holes is I show his Father, Frank married to an Amalie
            Pavlicek not Mary Chovanec, of course Frank could have re-married or
            something along those lines.

            > Part of Obit:
            >
            > He was preceded in death by his parents; sisters, Agnes Lamar, Mary
            Bielec, Stephanie Chovanec, Martha Trojanowski, Mollie Smidovec,
            Clara Zapalac, Gertrude Zapalac and Albina Gajewski Hammond; and
            brothers, Ignac, August and Frankie Zapalac.

            > Descendants of Frank Zapalac
            >

            > Generation One
            >

            > 1. Frank1 Zapalac married Amalie Pavlicek, daughter of Ignac
            Pavlicek and Frances Lezak.

            > Children of Frank1 Zapalac and Amalie Pavlicek were as follows:
            >
            > 2 i. Stettic2 Zapalac.
            >
            > 3 ii. Agnes Zapalac
            married Frank Lamer.

            > 4 iii. Amalie Zapalac.
            >
            > + 5 iv. Ignac Frank Zapalac,
            born January 11, 1909; married Stephina Lezak.

            > + 6 v. Albina Florence
            Zapalac, born September 16, 1914 in Sealy, Texas; married August
            Joseph Gajewski.

            > Generation Two
            >

            > 5. Ignac Frank2 Zapalac (Frank1) was born January 11, 1909;
            he married Stephina Lezak, daughter of Frank Lezak and Aloisie
            Buchala, October 29, 1935 in St. Mary's Catholic Church, Frydek,
            Texas; he died February 27, 1979 at age 70.

            > 6. Albina Florence2 Zapalac (Frank1) was born September 16,
            1914 in Sealy, Texas; she married August Joseph Gajewski, son of
            Stashislaus Gajewski and Victoria Pyka; she died November 10, 2003
            at age 89.

            Service.

            Checked by AVG Free Edition.